Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Service no matter what we face......

I have heard over the last 2 years of being a Christ follower that people will test our faith - they will mock you and question you with verbal attack. Why is this? Why do the people who have no questions, no desire to find out about God but yet call themselves educated, mock us and attack us with nothing more than words and their beliefs? My wife had this happen to her yesterday with someone close to her - I had this happen a few months ago and it took me days to get over because it really is upsetting. We all who follow Jesus have had this happen to us - maybe even someone in our families or someone who is close to us attack us this way. It really is nerve rattling but God calms us down and all we can do is pray for these people. If their hearts are not open and soft enough to listen and examine the facts of Jesus - then no amount of prayers or reasoning will bring them closer to understanding God and their salvation.
My lite bulb is on friends - I understand that I must move along now after battling mostly with myself and pleading with God to move certain people in my life closer to Him and to accept Him. Its time to move to greener pastures and continue my work for the Lord. No work for the Lord goes in vain friends and there is no place I would rather be serving!

1 Corinthians 15:
33Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 34Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.
50I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."[g] 55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"[h] 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

So my brothers and sisters in Christ - move along, pick up your mats and continue working and serving our Lord. A few knock downs from people who don't understand will not stand in our way. Feel sorry for them and pray that one day - they may feel the way we do! Fired up for Jesus!!! Sunday's a comin......... and Tuesday's should be just as good as Sundays!

Randy~

No comments: