Monday, March 12, 2007

God being first....

The day that my son comes to me and asks me - "Dad are we going to church today?" is the day I have failed. I don't know if he will ever ask me because by midweek he can't wait for Sunday - Neither can we!! Our Rock group parents all have similar stories in their families - the kids can't wait till Sunday. God gets the first day of our week - He gets the first hour of my day - He gets the first of our money - He gets my first attention.
Do you ask yourself on Sundays if you're going to church or not? Does family or friends call you or do you call them looking for someone to go with you? I think you need a reorder - a new church if the message does not have passion in it and it speaks to you and you are involved - connected and experiencing God. NO distance is long enough for someone to experience a church that does this in your life. People walked for days to spend an afternoon with Jesus - and they didn't even know who he was!!
Don't sit and mark the check box off in your life - LIVE IT - EXPERIENCE IT - Get involved and get moving..... be part of something already. God deserves to be first - and the answer is YES we are going to church - and YES we can't wait to get there! My eternity is not going to be based on an excuse - I am not going to stand in front of Jesus and try to explain to Him that I didn't feel like it or I had nobody to go with me or it was too far or people might see who I really am. Friends you can go to church and feel comfortable, feel welcomed, feel moved by the PASSION that a pastor has for you and you are moved by the message, feel a direction in your life because of Jesus - than you are at the wrong place and its time to move along. Don't settle just because its comfortable or because its convenient. Expect God to deliver and He will. All it takes is a little faith. Nike came out with the slogan - just do it. Horrible shoe but great slogan to a shoe empire. one excuse is as good as another - what will be your next excuse? - think God hears that excuse? - what do you think his response is to that? I wonder......
Randy~

No comments: