Thursday, March 29, 2007

Its not just a lunch.....

Please pray for Kyle - he has the dreaded stomach flu - my wife and I were so proud of him this week. He came home from school and he told us his classmate did not have any lunch today so he shared his lunch with her. The next day he offered to buy her lunch when she again showed up with nothing to eat. I don't know why she has had this happen the last few days, there is something going on in her life and I pray its nothing big. Just something a family must get over and move on. I pray Jesus is in this home and for my asking her tomorrow~ If she needs help with lunch - I will buy her lunch the rest of the year - she is one of my kids on fridays when I go see them. I so much enjoy that time of smiles, of no worries about school, friends, home or parents. Just me and some cool kids! I think about how my son just took it upon himself with no prompting to do this for his classmate - a friend - this is something Jesus would have done. Did he learn this from us? Sunday school? Where does this come from?
I may have to ponder that some more but I do pray he continues with his big heart - his Jesus like actions and it shows to other kids around him. Thank You Lord for an awesome son and a big heart like Yours!
Friends -most of us are adults reading this blog - but is this something you would do for a friend? Someone you dont even know? Think about how life changing this is for someone who needs a hand, needs some help - it may just turn their life around and to know they are loved and someone cares enough about them to do something. This is the message Jesus wants us to know and to be the example. Serving others -

Love you all and I pray you are making a diffence in the people around you - amazing at how little effort it takes to change the direction of a life. Might make all the difference in the world to someone.
Randy~

Philippians 2
1-4If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care— then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand.
5-8Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself.

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

I am so sorry that Kyle has that old stomach flu please know that I am praying for him. He is such a sweet young man, I love him so much, and giving his lunch to a friend, that is so sweet. He is getting good training from you and Carol I might add. He is seeing the light shine about him. I am so proud of him.