Friday, March 9, 2007

Kids and icecream.....

What a good day today - got to spend time with my kids today at lunch and share a few smiles. I bought some ice cream for the kids who did not have money to get some and that just makes me smile. When I see those kids, you can really see the ones who are needy and need that extra attention and love. I specifically make it a point to hold my hand out close to 2 girls there - they have had a tough childhood with their home life but I pray for just that 45 minutes on Fridays when I am with them - they forget all about their struggles and just enjoy the moment and attention. I guess I am fitting the mold that God has encouraged me in - being an encourager no matter the situation or problem that someone finds themselves in.

I was looking through some of the blogs today that I am behind on looking to see what I am missing as far as a message or something to share with you today. I came across a church who has their service video out there to view and its a church like the one my family attends and they opened the service with a Bob Marley song. I am thinking how cool is that? I will feel all right - Give thank and praise to the Lord and I will be all right. What a great song and it never occurred to me that Bob Marley was a spiritual man and had a song like that. I have heard that song thousands of times, been on the island of Jamaica and have had family get together with his music playing .... but never put it all together until now. I think back a few weeks ago where our Pastor Jimmy spoke about church being dangerous and taking risks - How church has become a church for women and children and men think church is for someone else. Church should be exciting and church should move you to a place where God is leading us - leading our lives and experiencing God in a new fired up way. You want to invite everyone you know and to take part in something so much bigger than ourselves. It changes our thinking and our hearts - it changes our future and if this is not something you are experiencing in church - than maybe its time to check into it.
Today, I am going to share with you some hope. Hope that you have in your life - hope in those children today at my sons class because God loves us - and He gives us hope in this life. Wherever you are today friends, their is victory in this life if you know Jesus. He gives us the hope to carry on because when we finish this life - we have the prize waiting for us. No matter what we are in today - tomorrow can be totally different and our lives can change in a small amount of time. So no matter how low you are - how far you have come - continue to praise God and give Him all the glory - stand steadfast and strong. For God is with you and always by your side.

Psalm 69:1-3
Save me, O God, for the flood waters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold to stand on.
I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched and dry.
My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me…
But I keep right on praying to you, Lord, hoping this is the time you will show me favor.

God will show you favor friends - keep praying, keep reaching, don't hold on so tight, let people in - enjoy the company that God wants to place in your life. People come into our lives for a reason and many of them are blessings you will never know if your wall is up around you. I think about the people who move here to the south from all over the US - how they feel alone and isolated with not knowing many people or leaving their families. I welcome them to our church where they will be comfortable - they will not be singled out and pointed at - they will have a chance to be taught Gods word and be exposed to people who love them and will care for them and pray for them.

I think about my sons class mates - how they are all special in their own way. The future to our next generation and their minds are easy to mold now and be taught - they are like sponges -except for their times tables (LOL) - but they come from all different walks of life. I love them all the same regardless of who they are - who their parents are - wealthy or not. I want to make a difference when I am there for 45 minutes - they have my attention and my love. When this school year is over I will forever miss my third grade class. They have touched my heart in ways I never thought was possible. Thank you all - I love each and everyone of you just because Jesus has given my heart the capacity to love. Even when and if I don't receive it. More like Jesus and less of like me.
Glad they all got ice cream today - nobody will do without if I have anything to say about it. Smiles today from 24 children and me. :) - God is so awesome...... another door in life opened because of Him.
Randy~

Father, thank You for those children today - thank You for opening the door for me to enjoy their smiles and their excitement when they see me. I love each of them Lord and I know some of them have it hard and life at home is not what it is supposed to be and that breaks my heart Lord. I pray You encourage them Lord and keep them working hard on their studies- I pray for their home life to improve and for You to enter into each of their lives. Lord I pray You keep them all safe and healthy and thank You for the chance to share some of my day with them. I often wonder if I am more excited than they are when we are together - but maybe not - I would call it a tie. Thank You for those blessings Lord and the 24 little hearts that make me smile.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments: