Saturday, March 24, 2007

A little Guitar picking....

A little down time. Wow this is so much needed. As so many things are full throttle in life and people around us are in desperate need - sometimes we need to pause and just regroup - a little refresh so that we can give that 110% when its called for.
Today at the cabin we just played - a little in the creek and in the sand - listened to the wildlife and enjoyed the sun and warmth. A little Kenny Chensey doesn't hurt anytime when the soul needs a little music - as well as some Third day!!!
Kenny Chensey:
"This year was the first time I sat by myself on a chair with a guitar and played a song I wrote by myself… It's funny how I can get up there with the band and all that energy, but I was scared to be that person I started out as: the guy playing for tips in college, with nothing but a dream and acoustic guitar.
"To be that naked, it's pretty scary, because there's nothing to hide behind. But at the same time, its showing people who you really are - and when you're brave enough to do that, I think you're really putting it out there, just like when you first started, which is pretty cool."

Many times we put ourselves out there for God to see and others in our lives. I can't help but to think about many in my life as I am sharing my Jabez prayers, my blog and many things I have written and shared, our small group and church friends.... I never opened up myself as much as I have now and sometimes its scary to be honest. When you leave yourself open like this it leaves yourself open for shots from others, criticism and lack of understanding from people who used to understand you. Its what happens when Christ takes over and your life begins a new beat to a different drum. The thing that Kenny has that many artists don't is he is real and when he went on stage one year with his Vacation bible school shirt on from his hometown church, I knew we had something real and something lasting. Carol, Kyle and I have seen him 3 times and have heard every one of his songs - nothing compares .... August in Charlotte.... we will be there again. I was even baptized in his concert shirt - nothing could be finer........
Kyle keep picking that guitar.... nothing is easy that is worth anything.....

Cabin life in the mountains - time to go talk with mom and look to the heavens for a few....
Randy~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that old guitar has brought back some fun memories of my days when I used to play guitar in church on Saturday night. I'm so excited that Kyle has an interest in playing, and even more excited that our Worship Pastor, Brandon, is teaching him. Brandon is an incredible, young, God-loving role model for the youth in our church.

Wish we had 2 or 3 or 4 more days we could have spent at the cabin. It was an awesome couple of days. Sooooo relaxing. Just watching Kyle play in the creek on our hot, 85-degree Saturday made it all worth it.