Sunday, March 4, 2007

JOY = Good Attitude...

When you are full of joy and have a good attitude, you keep yourself strong. That positive attitude of faith paves the way for God to work miracles-it paves the way for God to turn your situation around! Does this sound like you and your current walk with Jesus? I hope so ... if not you may need a little refocus. Give the Lord praise and give Him thanks at all times, even during your times of struggles. By lifting your struggles and worries to Jesus, it gives you a chance to heal and remove those things from your life. Praise God in the good times and in the bad - during those times, you will experience joy that only God can give you.

Today we had an awesome church service. I am so proud of my son today. He has been saving his money for months and yesterday he told me he was putting $100 in the offering basket. SO today, all excited, he filled out his collection card, wrote his name on the envelope and put it in the basket. He loved the experience and my wife and I are so proud of him for placing church HIGH on his list of importance. He could have easily spent this money on himself with toys or games but instead he offered it to God. My son said this afternoon when we were leaving - "Mom, I feel good because I gave that money to our church."
My son "Gets it"...... and we are proud of him.

Be joyful in everything you do - people are watching and comparing because many of them "Dont get it" and many of them are looking for an excuse in life - but maybe they just want to share in your joy and in your smile. The joy in the Lord is our strength, not just during the good times but in all times.

Psalm 34:
1 I bless God every chance I get; my lungs expand with his praise. 2 I live and breathe God; if things aren't going well, hear this and be happy: 3 Join me in spreading the news; together let's get the word out. 4 God met me more than halfway, he freed me from my anxious fears. 5 Look at him; give him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from him. 6 When I was desperate, I called out, and God got me out of a tight spot. 7 God's angel sets up a circle of protection around us while we pray. 8 Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see— how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him. 9 Worship God if you want the best; worship opens doors to all his goodness. 10 Young lions on the prowl get hungry, but God-seekers are full of God. 11 Come, children, listen closely; I'll give you a lesson in God worship. 12 Who out there has a lust for life? Can't wait each day to come upon beauty? 13 Guard your tongue from profanity, and no more lying through your teeth. 14 Turn your back on sin; do something good. Embrace peace—don't let it get away! 15 God keeps an eye on his friends, his ears pick up every moan and groan. 16 God won't put up with rebels; he'll cull them from the pack. 17 Is anyone crying for help? God is listening, ready to rescue you. 18 If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath. 19 Disciples so often get into trouble; still, God is there every time. 20 He's your bodyguard, shielding every bone; not even a finger gets broken. 21 The wicked commit slow suicide; they waste their lives hating the good. 22 God pays for each slave's freedom; no one who runs to him loses out.

I love that last verse - no one who runs to him loses out. Joy in the Lord is our strength - it sets us apart from everyone else.

Lord we give you praise and glory - help us focus on the good in all people and help those who are hurting and need of Your Word. Help us be joyful in all situations because You are in all situations that we face. We are never alone and thank You dear Lord for always being with us. You are our source of strength and we are so blessed in so many ways.
In Jesus' name,
Amen

Randy~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

Way to go Kyle God bless you little one you are growing in God! I am so proud of you for giving your money to God, that is awesome!! You know, everything we own really belongs to God anyway, if it wasn't for God's goodness and help, we wouldn't be able to have anything or do anything either. "For without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5 He is the one that keeps us strong holds our hands when we are weak, He builds us up to what we should be.

Today during Sunday School Haywood said something that I really caught on to so I wrote it down to share "Example is not the main way to influence others, it is the only way" Someone is always watching us, everything we do is making some kind of influence on others whether it is good or bad. We have to be sure that we "walk the talk" so others can see Jesus in us and not just hear us talk but they can actually see we live what we talk about. Our life may be the only "Bible" some people will ever read.

So, so proud of you Kyle, and always remember, someone is watching everything you do besides God! Keep letting that little light shine in you and one day it will be as bright as a beacon in a lighthouse!!

Praise the Lord, Kyle, your Grandma Lois is so proud of you from Heaven!
love you
aunt Sharon