Sunday, March 18, 2007

Just a day of worship...... NOT

WOW - is all I have to say. Yesterday Carol and I barely made of off the couch. The last 3 days have been nothing but a blur! Still feeling the affects of the stomach crud - feeling pretty low and food was no where to be seen since last Wednesday night. I got the call yesterday to help with the Baptism tub and another call to help with setup/breakdown. How could I say no? I prayed God would help us through this time of service. Not one thing went right this morning but it all came together 5 minutes before the service started. God was in control - He was testing us to make sure we had faith in His timing and His delivery. We couldn't find the key to the trailer, the hose was missing, we had to change vehicles, the janitor at the school couldn't find the key to turn the water on. We found the hose - outside in the frozen tundra all night - when we did find the key to turn the HOT water on we had to unfreeze the hose and blow out the ice burg that was in it and the HOT water was Luke warm at best. Only 1 person showed for setup this morning and Jeff and I were running around with our hair on fire - but you know what? We got it done - and we had 5 minutes to spare. I did not even want to move this morning - I through my bagel out the window on the way in this morning at 7am because I still cant hardly eat anything. Coffee is a thing of the past and I can't move around for more than 15 minutes without tiring. I know how the Survivor people now are after days of no food and still have to work and compete every day for the show. Whew... but all along - God brought the smiles and the hundreds of people that showed today with family and friends to be Baptized - we not let down. God provided that way, the strength and the courage to say YES when I really wanted to say NO to doing all this today. I am the type of person who likes things organized and run smoothly but I am learning that this is not Gods way all the time. He puts us into something and checks us out sitting back and watching to see how we do. We learn something about ourselves along the way when we know God has our back and provides what we need to endure - serving on blind faith!Nothing makes me more proud to serve those Baptized today entering Gods kingdom and showing publicly their faith to all their friends and family. Nothing is more important - that is why I said YES - I am in - I get it. Thanks to the folks who kicked some butt today serving and for Pastor Jimmy Britt for an awesome message and for Brandon and the band for playing some awesome music and the 300 or so people there today packing and raising the roof!
As I was sitting watching those being Baptized today - a few of the children I have become friends with and it honors me to be helping in Sunday School - teaching them the love of Jesus. Its a deciding factor for them if we can show these children the love that Jesus has for them when they are young - so they will carry that throughout their lives and help them in times of struggles. Me of all people taking part in something this big and important. I never saw myself as a kid person - I have always felt I couldn't relate and how was I to act around them. I have my own son to be silly around how can I do that with someone else child? I do.... and love it! I am proud of everyone today .... it was such a blessing to take part of something so important.

This reminds me of Job from the Bible - how he had everything and God was so proud of him. He was faithful and honorable to God in every way. The devil asked God why he chose favorites over Job and in a way took a bet with God - that he could over take him and turn Job against God. God told the devil to do whatever he wanted but he could not physically hurt him. God had confidence in Job- just like He has confidence in you. The devil took his riches, his homes, his servants, his live stock and all his family possesions - and finally his family.

Job 1:20-22
20 Job got to his feet, ripped his robe, shaved his head, then fell to the ground and worshiped:
21 Naked I came from my mother's womb, naked I'll return to the womb of the earth. God gives, God takes. God's name be ever blessed.
22 Not once through all this did Job sin; not once did he blame God.

I pray today for the person who is struggling with the things in this life that they feel God is to blame. I pray that you will one day realize that "you didn't get screwed" - all you need in life is Jesus and when you finally "Get it" - you will be amazed at the doors that God opens your heart to - the possibilities in life and the friendships that Jesus will bestow upon you. There is more - so much more than what we see. I pray for those who have hangups and struggles that keep you held down and in bondage, bondage from yourself, from others, relationships and moving on with your life. Gods abundance and His horizon forever expands if we ask Him and accept His free gift. Gods love endures forever and ever - Amen

2 comments:

Sharon Davis said...

AWESOME!! I love it when everything is falling all apart and then all of a sudden it starts coming together in a way that you knew only God could have done it!

When you told me you were setting up for the Baptism I coldn't help but wonder if there would ever be another person there in that tub that was as excited as you were when you went up, chairs and all, to be baptised! I know somehow during that time this morning that you thought of that day, your day, when you took your dip into that tub and showed the whole world your innermost self, the self that now belongs to God!

Praise God for what He has done in your life! As for food, that will come later haaaaaaaaa. You got your spiritual food this morning, that is the most important.

PRAYERS FOR ALL THE FAMILY, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW JUST YET HOW MUCH THEY ARE MISSING WITHOUT GOD IN THEIR LIVES!

Love,
aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how a GREAT day of Worship and an evening with our Small Group can bring you up after feeling very bad for several days. God is GREAT.....!!!