Monday, March 5, 2007

Lost that loving feeling?

Yesterday was such an awesome day. I am still feeling the overflow from yesterday. It was a busy day but a day spent with my family, my church family and with God. I am thankful I am serving a God who loves me above all things. Its personal and I know there is no place or feeling that I can hide from Him. I think about how much my life is different compared to just a few years ago. How God has changed my heart, my church is high on my priority list, my church family and Rock Group family that has changed my life - and especially how much more love I have to give others. My heart is open and I want to encourage - I want to serve - I want to lead - I want to spend time with my Rock Group and how I can't wait till Sundays! God has put these awesome blessings in my life and I am experiencing His love and I am not afraid to open myself up for people to see me because in some ways - I want them to see Jesus. Sometimes the people we meet and run into in this life - that just might be it for them - it might be just what they need to see Jesus to change their heart and move them from the place they currently are to seeking and finding Jesus. I feel sad for those who are living their lives for themselves, not attending a church who is making a difference and making them feel welcome, I feel sad for those who are not reaching out to people who can lift them in prayer and encourage them. I feel sad for those who are hurting and struggling but are choosing to stay where they are - just like sinking in quicksand. Those are burdens that I carry with me - There is more - there is a place for you to fit in - a place to meet others and a place to have people who are family - all serving God and each other. We may be the only Jesus that people see. Open your heart and let God fill your heart with Him - and reach out to those around you. I am thankful that my family and I are all attending a church that is doing something amazing - putting people first - and making a difference in people's lives. There is so much more going on than just ourselves....

Romans 12
Love 9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

I pray today Lord that You continue to to motivate me to be an encourager for others - bless me so that I may bless others with Your love and message. Help me be a bigger giver Lord and expand my horizons for You. Help us all to be reaching out to others so that You can change peoples lives and open a love they have never experienced before.
- Amen

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

You do bless and encourage me, and others, keep up the good work, God's light is shinning in you!! People are counting on you to show them JESUS!!