Wednesday, March 14, 2007

God's Best~

I think for the first time in my life - especially the last year and half - that I am looking at the world from inside out - looking at the world with a new perspective and a love for people. I can't do everything for those around me - I need to loosen the grip and care that I have held so close to me for the last year and half. Before becoming a Christian, it was all about me - getting what I needed and wanted - for my wife and son - everyone else was fair game. In a way, I rolled over you or tried to anyways but now, I want to walk along side you and be the encouragement to bring you through those difficult times and share with you during the happy times. I want to lead my hand to Gods hand for you and hand you off in a way so you can experience Jesus first hand! ... the last year closing my eyes and seeing my mom's face cheering us on has been awesome but I know the race is not done, God is not done with any of us! I just have a practical peace about me now that focuses on Jesus - even if I don't know everything or have all the answers to anything it feels like - I just want to walk along side people and let the share in the love that Jesus has for them.
Yes I get aggravated - upset and sometimes go off the deep end - I am only human but my eyes are focused on God and I am pressing through this hard time it seems I am in. Letting go of that rope is harder than I thought it would be. I have to do it and its with Gods grace I will be able to. Its time for more hands to lead to Gods hands..... hopefully I can accomplish something that God seems to be drawing me to.
I have done some extra work the last few weeks with fixing some computers and such and people have shared their thank you's with me via a card or a smile/conversation and in terms of payment - that is all I need. Money is not my object anymore - just a chance to share Jesus with them. I have signed a few cards for folks thanking them for the opportunity to help them or with a payment invoice that has $0 on it and an invitation to visit us at our church - signed at the bottom with "Gods Best" - and then my name..... I have gotten a responce everytime I have done that. Its not my best - or your best- or their best or anyones best - but Gods Best - puts it on a entirely new playing field doesn't it?
God's Best,
Randy~

No comments: