Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Positive living..........

The Apostle Paul share with us Ephesians 4:
1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

The Lord has called us to be a light in dark places. The world is a dark place and sin is rampant. Negativity is everywhere we look and basement people are at every turn. Its easy to get caught up in the worlds view - the news is a good example. A few months ago I gave up the paper. I check out what is on sale on Sundays, the home section on Saturday and the garden section on Thursday in our local paper - that is all I read. My bible takes my time in the mornings now as I eat breakfast, have my coffee, pray for my day and the day ahead for my family, my small group and for my church. I pray for any additional prayers that are pressing on my heart that day. I thank God for my mom and where she is. Priorities have taken an adjustment the last year especially. I don't care to watch MSNBC, Fox news and CNN. Its because if you want to be depressed and see everything that is wrong in the world - start there. God wants us to live in prosperity and in His light. To be the light in the dark world around us. Its hard to be the positive person in every situation and be thankful for everything in our lives - good or bad. There was a comment recently made to me because of a prayer that I send out sometimes via email - "Hey - let me know what your God does with your prayers - let me know if God shows up and does anything with them, but don't hold your breath." Sad when all some people have in their life is the hope of others. The happiness and fulfillment in life is all based on others. Sickness is only cured by doctors who have been trained by other doctors - who take money from drug companies, who see as many patients as they can, who are sometimes only out for the buck - you are leaving your health and cure - on them? Sad..... when the God of the universe is waiting on you to call His name. Sad when you tell me - where is this God when mom is sick? She never did anything to anyone - sad that the world is going to hell and you say - I am too old to do anything about it. Everything around me is falling apart BUT as long as it doesn't affect me - I am not getting involved. God has called us to be the light in a dark world. To reach out to others and be Christ like in what we do and say. Why would God show up and give you the miracle in your life if all you have done is turn away from Him during the good times? Why would God answer that prayer and heal your cancer or sickness when you say "don't hold your breath? Funny thing is, God will show up and do those things if You put your heart and soul in His hands. That's the kind of God we all have - not just me or my brother and sister at church. He is OUR God - for everyone! Continue to watch and do the things that drag you down loved ones and you will never get out of the pit that you find yourself in right now. Negativity is easy to fall into - frowns are easier on the face and requires less muscles to move than does a smile!!! Be the light in a dark world.... many are waiting on you, depending on you and searching for you. God included...... He is waiting ..... just humble yourself and drop your pride friends.... its keeping you from God. Pride in thinking that church is for women and children - pride that says I am too old to make a difference - pride that says I cant let anyone see me like that. Jesus is cool in case you havent noticed!!!
My uncle Buster is a man who has lived a life of faith. He has done so much for the Lord over his life and He is a God loving man in his heart and soul. You can pick him out of a crowd - he serves and does good things for his church, his family and those in his community. He has led probably hundreds of people to Jesus over the years, many of which he probably doesn't even know. Buster will make a difference in the world until his time comes to answer the call from heaven. He is making a difference in many lives - a significance on the world. He is not too old to do anything and God continues to bless this man in so many ways. Its an honor to know him and I am thankful for his prayers for years and years on my behalf. God answers prayers loved ones - I am testimony to that!!! Don't you want to be remembered in such an awesome way - a positive way - making significance and a legacy for those in your life and those around you?
Drop the pride today and live for God. I'll be in the balcony - cheering you on.....

The Lord delights in your prayers requesting His help.
He delights in your prayers of faith and uses them to move aside the obstacles that stand before you.
He uses your prayers to thwart the evil intentions of others against you, to destroy the works of those who seek to persecute you,and to demolish the devil's efforts to destroy you and steal from you.
God has given you a very powerful tool in prayer - it is a tool that activates the forces of heaven on your behalf and builds a wall between you and the forces of hell.
Charles Stanley~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

Thanks for your comments about Buster, yes, he just keeps on keeping on. Lois said one day while she was sick "Buster's a good old soul" and then she said "He's going to outlive all of us" it was kind of funny when she said it, but you know that may be true!! I keep praying maybe he and I will go at the same time, in the RAPTURE! Now wouldn't that be awesome, we could all go at the same time.

God bless you Randy, and for the light than shines through you in the darkness, there is so much darkness in this old world. There is not enough light, not enough people letting their light shine. In Heaven God will be the light.

love you
aunt Sharon