Saturday, March 17, 2007

Psalm 133 -

Well baseball practice was cold - even the coach from NJ was freezing - so he cut the practice 1/2 short and this was our first practice. As I was sitting and freezing - Psalm 133 comes to mind. The last few days of being under the weather has me thinking who knows we are sick down here 1,000 miles from now where? Sounds like a country song but really who knows? The people that are connected know- thats who. The others are just going through life the way they see fit with whatever they can get from it. You know this salvation thing should be at the top of the list for everyone. We worry about all kinds of other stupid stuff like shopping, politics, buying beer on Sundays in SC,democrat vs. republican, the war in Iraq, my next promotion, my job stinks, why wont anyone help me? - so many other things. For some - their salvation is something they will think of right near the end - if your lucky enough to have that chance. Its nice knowing the handful of people in our lives we are on the same page with things. We are very different but we understand each other. Can you say that about yourself and those around you? I bet sometimes you think nobody understands you - and I too sometimes feel that way but its that time I know God is trying to show me and teach me something. God understands..... He understands everything we go through - every emotion and thought.
I hope those who know Jesus really know Him and not leaning on Him just in emergencies. I bet many times we just call on Jesus when we have things falling down around us and we have no other place to turn. We all should enjoy the peace and comfort that only Jesus can give us during everything we go through - good and bad.
Psalm 133 -
1-3 How wonderful, how beautiful, when brothers and sisters get along! It's like costly anointing oil flowing down head and beard, Flowing down Aaron's beard, flowing down the collar of his priestly robes. It's like the dew on Mount Hermon flowing down the slopes of Zion. Yes, that's where God commands the blessing, ordains eternal life.

Heavenly Father - I give you my worries and my problems - thank You for taking care of my family this week. I pray for those who don't know You and only might call Your name in emergencies. Your grace is avaliable to all of us all the time. Thank You for this wonderful gift You have settled in our hearts.
Amen

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

So glad you are all better and back to "blogging" I've missed it. I look forward to your blogs everyday and being a little under the weather myself this last week I've needed this it's like Holy Medicine to share the Lord with you!
I know of people who do only call on God in emergencies but I thank God that He is with me all the time and I don't have to have an emergency to call on Him.
Feeling bad or worse this last week has made me think of sis so much more, what she went through, and like you said in one of your blogs how sore it made you to lie in bed and remembering how she layed there for three months with the bed sores and everything. How she suffered. I've dreamed of her for four nights in a row now, you know when you feel bad, really feel bad, the devil will jump everything on you that he can to make you feel worse. I've had to rebuke the devil over and over but "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world" my thoughts of her need to be good and happy, not remembering her pain and sadness, but her victory and her in Heaven. That is what I want to feel, that she has won her victory and has made that final trip that we will all have to make one day. That is the advantage of having those in your life that you can count on, that know how you feel, and knowing that God knows how I am feeling just this very moment, the sadness I feel when missing her, but He lifts me up and helps me through these hard times. He makes me stronger and helps me stand until I can get my feet on the ground then He holds me hand to keep me steady. Thank you Jesus!
Thank you Lord also for taking care of Randy, Carol, & Kyle this week.
love
Aunt Sharon