Tuesday, March 6, 2007

HAM for everyone!

I have a few things to share with y'all this morning. First off - I want to tell ya that my wife is awesome! She had such a great day Sunday - working Sunday school and being with all the kids, going to school this morning and helping our sons teacher with the assignments for the week, her dedication to family and her sometimes big ideas that take on a life all their own. When my wife thinks big - she really thinks big and I do mean with everything she does. Nothing is done half way and she only wants the best out of everything and out of everyone. She is organized!! Look at her dedication and passion she has in her life for what is important to her! Last night when I got home from work - She got a ham on sale and out of the oven it came. After looking at it - I was wondering if the homeless in our county needed some ham. PLEASE - I beg of you to come and get some ham. Anyone that doesn't want to cook tonight or needs a plate of food - please call me and arrange a drop off time from the Meals on Wheels from Oldham Ct... ! That's the street name - not us giving away OLDHAM.
Anyways - my wife is awesome - She has a big heart and sometimes her giving has some funny endings. Just like the time the meat guy came to the house and I had to get a freezer in 28 minutes to pack it all in. Life is fun - if we just try to enjoy and smile - let things roll off our shoulders - and learn to laugh at ourselves.
Maybe next time we can arrange a ham sale with our church's BBQ sale!
Got to love her......
Randy~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a funny "Ham" blog..! I'm still laughing about the 11 lb. ham, but I could not resist the 49 cents per pound sale. But hey - I fed our family, our neighbor's family, the dogs and our furry friends outside with 6 lbs. still to spare. Too bad Kyle did not want any ham this morning with his "green eggs"...!! We'll be 'oinking' by the end of week. Stop by if your in the mood for a ham sandwich. I bet Momma is laughing from heaven --- she always said "What are cooking for --- an Army?".

Love ya, C~~~~

Sharon Davis said...

That is so funny!!! And yes she is an awesome woman, I remember Lois used to cook up a storm also, she loved cooking just like Carol. God gave you an awesome mate Randy and there is no doubt in my mind that you appreciate her and love her!! Amazing. And yes, both momma's in Heaven are saying that! Both momma's are smiling!