Friday, March 16, 2007

the day after.......

Hey thanks for all the phone calls and emails yesterday and today wondering how I am doing. I appreciate it all very much. The stomach thing is no fun so try and avoid it at all costs. I couldn't help but to think about mom yesterday since I was flat on my back for over 24 hours- how my back hurt and my hips hurt. Humans are not made to lay flat for too long! Once all the other junk passed along it was my back and hips hurting the most and not being able to do anything about it. I remember mom laying there so long she had blisters on her skin - how that must have felt - I really don't even want to know. But I am on the mends now - Carol thanks for taking care of me - and I pray you don't get this crap.
Pastor Jimmy went down to NewSpring Church in Anderson SC yesterday - I thought about going to this church leadership meeting just to volunteer - I wanted to see what our church is going to grow to in the next year. Sounds like from people posting their findings, it was a great conference. I cant wait to read what Jimmy and his staff learned. I think its awesome to go to a leadership conference and everyone comes back fired up and ready to do something big or add something wild to their church services, advertisements, whatever it may be!
I posted the other day that I wanted to take a pause - get away for a bit - not that I have had much time to think or even felt like it - my mind is starting to get going again and reading all the posts from big time church leaders and common folk like myself from NewSpring - I am again thinking BIG - and I know God will move me to the next place in Bigness. That's a word right?

2 Corinthians 9:6-11
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: 'He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.' Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

I think about the lettuce seeds I planted last week - how the package says to plants them so far apart and so deep - I just scatter them and pat them under - hoping they all take - just like when I am with others and God is using me .... I hope God takes with everyone. I can't wait till Sunday. We are doing a baptism and Jimmy will be doing his 2nd part of SexEd - and last week my Rock Group didn't meet - so this is going to be an exciting day. Pray for my lettuce - the squirrel is digging there - must be a devil squirrel........ got to go.

Love you all,
Randy~

No comments: