Monday, March 19, 2007

My dear friend Shelley .....

Shelley - I know you read this from time to time and do hope and pray you get this in the coming days. I value your friendship and will miss you at work. Today is a case where the bad people won the battle but the war continues on. Take the high road and honor yourself and God with who you are - You are His above all things! God removed the people in your life today that have been dragging you down for months - surround yourself with God loving people and those who will raise you up and pray for you and your family. I pray we stay in touch and can continue or friendship that God placed together for a reason but if it is only for a season - I understand. God has the plan even when we don't understand. We may know one day when its time why this has happened. We have been through some things together and have grown closer to God together and understand so much more today than we did a year ago. You became my sister in Christ when my mom died over a year ago and I learned to lean on those around me - may I get the chance to honor you if you should need me or ask me. My family and I are here to help in anyway we can .....
Forever your brother in Christ,
Lonnie

Ecclesiastes 3
A Time for Everything
1 For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. 2 A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. 3 A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up. 4 A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. 5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. 6 A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away. 7 A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak. 8 A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.
9 What do people really get for all their hard work? 10 I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. 11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end. 12 So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. 13 And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.
14 And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. God’s purpose is that people should fear him. 15 What is happening now has happened before, and what will happen in the future has happened before, because God makes the same things happen over and over again.
The Injustices of Life 16 I also noticed that under the sun there is evil in the courtroom. Yes, even the courts of law are corrupt! 17 I said to myself, “In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds.”
18 I also thought about the human condition—how God proves to people that they are like animals. 19 For people and animals share the same fate—both breathe[a] and both must die. So people have no real advantage over the animals. How meaningless! 20 Both go to the same place—they came from dust and they return to dust. 21 For who can prove that the human spirit goes up and the spirit of animals goes down into the earth? 22 So I saw that there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work. That is why we are here! No one will bring us back from death to enjoy life after we die.

2 comments:

Sharon Davis said...

GOD NEVER CLOSES A DOOR THAT HE DOESN'T OPEN A WINDOW.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" Proverbs 3:5-6

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." Isaiah 55:17

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth"
Psalm 34:1

Unknown said...

Lonnie and Sharon---thank you for your support. I will hold Proverbs next to my heart in the next week---I am trying to remember that God is in control. I do know that He has something wonderful in store for me. I know that with all of my heart. I feel now as if my right arm has been cut off. I have worked there since I moved here to NC and the people I worked with were my family. Thank you again.