Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Character - what does it mean to you?

It was a tough day today without my friend Shelley at work. I just hope the worst is over now and that department at our work can refocus and rebuild now. Had an OK day today even though I walked around all day with a sour taste in my mouth with how people treat each other. Sometimes flexing our muscles to put down another person is just plain wrong no matter the issues at hand. I wonder why in most cases when people just don't like each other or have words that they cant work them out or at least make an attempt at it. Most Hollywood marriages are like this when they have an issue and just break it off - done - stick a fork in it because they are moved onto the next thing or they react to what people might think or do. God is our only judgement - and people need prayers more than anything else in life. Even if they are wrong on every aspect of something - forgiveness can be obtained and wounds heal. My friend Shelley will bounce back bigger and better after all this because she loves God and trusts in Him - He will move her to greener pastures and this will be a learning experience long forgotten. Could all of this have been avoided.... maybe not but doing people with dignity and honesty makes for a good character - and that is what God is looking for most.

I am reminded today as I am still flying high from Sunday's church service and all that is going on and will be going on -

Gods work done Gods way will not lack Gods support.

Got to love it that God has our backs..... pray for focus in your life today and doing something in your life today that would make God smile.

2 comments:

Sharon Davis said...

God's work will go on and on and on, He will always have someone to do His work and He will always have a direction to send them.

I say once again, God never closes a door without opening a window or another door.

Anonymous said...

God always has our backs...our fronts...our sides.. every part of us. I know that Shelley has better things in store. She was ready to move away from the bad apples that were souring her spirit. God will always open a door where one has closed...!!

I had such a great day today. Catherine, Peter and I labored for 3 1/2 hours on getting the Easter Egg signs spray painted. It was all in God's work, and I know if we only touch one family, it will be worth it.

I am so blessed to be part on a wonderful Church Family. I wish everyone could feel as blessed as I do.....!!!