Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bridges......

As I get ready to unload here and dump what is on my mind - I see that I have posted 100 articles - 100 heart felt thoughts and have shared 100 times myself with you to read and try to understand what I am feeling, not only for myself but for you and for the God who loves us. I think this is an amazing thing to be doing. I have had 1000's of hits on this blog - people from all over the world - people making comments - I encourage all of you to share your thoughts on all this - to open your mind up and try your best to understand what I am trying to share and spill out of my heart. Leaving myself open like this takes courage and faith in Jesus that I am not wasting my time but making a small difference to someone - and making a difference for Jesus in sharing His word. Thanks for all who read this blog and are faithful in your replies. Spread the Good News loved ones. Together maybe we are making a difference in the world.

Today I want to share with you Ephesians 4:
7So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 2Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

What words and instructions to live by! God has blessed and called us the peacemakers. He also has called us to reconcile the broken relationships in our lives, especially those who both parties know Jesus. Its not right to sit back and let things go by because we dont want to get involved or dont want to stick our nose in. I have been struggling with this because I have 2 parties in my life right now that I am in the middle of if I so chose to be - do I or don't I. It might be messy but if it works out and these folks get their lives back together and are where God wants their relationships to be - then it was worth it. Will it be hard to do? Will it be painful in some regards - I am sure. Scared? You bet..... I know the relationship between my brother and my dad is not what it could be. I know the relationship between my cousins is not where it should be. Can I do anything today that I have not done already? Is the problems bigger than me? You bet ya.... I dont know what to do with all this nor how to proceed. It will take effort and forgiveness for everyone to start over. What is broken and how did it get this way? I am not ever sure but I bet you also have someone in mind - a relationship in your life that 2 parties are not what they could be. We are called to make bridges for Christ. To love each of them and not lay down the laws. Laws seperates us and demeaner us. Love brings us up and raises the bar on what we should be doing.
Loved ones, don't you want to fix something that is broken? Have the courage to mend that broken bridge and restore that relationship with the loved one in your life - by Gods grace we can mend and heal. All it will take is a little faith and courage to step out from where you are today.
Lord I pray for the broken relationships in our lives and the relationships that are not what they could be. I pray for the courage for them to forgive and to forget - to move on past the hurts and misunderstandings that have taken place. Lord mend these broken bridges and bring them under Your wing and blessings.
I pray in Jesus name,
Amen


2 comments:

Sharon Davis said...

Wow, 100 articles and all those responses, I am glad people are reading this blog it is wonderful! You are making a difference Randy, I look forward to your blog every day.

There are some family relationships that I pray for daily, and if God leads me to "get in the middle" I will go in head first but I want to make sure it is God's will that i get involved before I do. If it is me, I know I will fail. As I pray for the party that does not want to "budge" I look at my calendar for today; March 27th "Only one life, twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last".
How much better life would be if we could all see and live that way. God help us to be what He meant for us to be!

In the name of Jesus, Amen

Anonymous said...

Wow - 100 posts. Thank you for your ministry here on "The Walk". You are such an awesome follower of Christ, and I truly admire you. I know that you are inspiring people every day - in work, in play, at church. Your passion is AMAZING. I'm so happy to be called your "other half". Love you. Carol