Sunday, March 25, 2007

Psalm 139~

I guess with the warm weather and the Tar Heels playing we had a light night at the Bateman Rock group meeting. It was good to see some smiling faces for those who came - I wanted to share with the group Psalm 139. With today's news of our dear friend Joe - the news of 2 families breaking up in our church. Satan is laughing right now and we must focus our eyes on Jesus - He is the strength and the courage so that we may press on and through these tough times. Thanks to Pastor Jimmy for preaching his heart this morning. Happy Birthday Jimmy....

Psalm 139 -
A David Psalm
1-6 God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too— your reassuring presence, coming and going. This is too much, too wonderful— I can't take it all in! 7-12 Is there anyplace I can go to avoid your Spirit? to be out of your sight? If I climb to the sky, you're there! If I go underground, you're there! If I flew on morning's wings to the far western horizon, You'd find me in a minute— you're already there waiting! Then I said to myself, "Oh, he even sees me in the dark! At night I'm immersed in the light!" It's a fact: darkness isn't dark to you; night and day, darkness and light, they're all the same to you. 13-16 Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.

Father - thank You for this day Lord even if we don't understand the things that are taking place in our lives. Our storms and trials are all for a reason and we need help Lord to focus on You - to raise our expectations of You to help us through them. Lord thank You for knowing us more than we know ourselves and thank You for Your love and the promises you have given us. We are never alone even when we feel alone - we are loved even when we don't feel any love. Keep us encouraged Lord - eyes focused on bigger things than this world can offer us. May Your hands touch those today who need healing and miracles in their lives.
I pray in Your sons most awesome name in Jesus,
Amen

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

"I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye" Psalms 32:8

Father God, we pray this morning for those in need. Those that are pulling at our hearts this morning with needs that YOU already know about, as you know each of us, some have physical needs, some have emotional needs, and some have spiritual needs, in the name of Jesus give strength to those.

I am reminded in my heart this morning of something said in Sunday School yesterday morning. The question was asked why does God answer one prayer and not another?? Well, sometimes we don't know that we don't get the answer and sometimes it doesn't seem to be answered the way we want it to be, it doesn't turn out the way we want it to. To that question I'm thinking, remember John the Baptist, the Bible says that he was filled with the Holy Ghost in his mother's womb Luke 1:15 and "He shall be great in the sight of the Lord" and he came to make the way of the Lord John 1:23 He even babtized Jesus! Matt 3:13-17, Yet He was thrown in prison and beheaded Matt 14:10-13 yet Jesus went on after hearing about it Matt 14:12-14 preaching and healing. Jesus knew John was in prison He knew where he was and why he was there. Why didn't He prevent that beheading?? There was bigger picture that we don't understand.
When Jesus was praying in the garden before they crucified Him, He prayed "Oh my Father if it be possible let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as though wilt" Matt 26:39. He was God in human form, knowing how he was going to suffer and die. I remember my sister, Randy, your momma, crying and saying "It's not fair" as she lay there in bed just before she got in her worst state before she died, Why didn't God heal her and stop the cancer? I wonder if Jesus was feeling like it wasn't fair as he hung there on that cross, was John the Baptist feeling like it wasn't fair as they were bending him over to cut off his head? I belive that God in Heaven seen all three of them the same, with pain and compassion yet knowing there was something that had to be fulfilled. HE could have spared all three, HE loved all three of them I believe He loved them all three the same, just as HE does us, but it was a fulfilment that had to be. I believe my sister was just as important to God as John the Baptist as well as His Son Jesus, but the plan was already laid out way on back when Adam and Eve were in the garden. Things we don't understand, things they didn't understand either. I believe even Jesus fought "his flesh" as he went to the cross, I believe even the son of God fought the "not fair" thing. And I believe when Lois entered Heaven that morning that she knew just how hard it was for God to let her die but she seen just how fair it was to her! I believe when we stand before God and see Jesus face to face he'll reveal to us how hard it was but just how worth it that it was. As much as I miss and love my sister, I know where she is and one day I'll see her again.

With Easter coming up in a couple of weeks and what it means to us, I'd just like to add to anyone reading this blog that don't know Jesus in your heart that it is the most fulfilling thing that you could ever experience in this world and it will be the most important choice you ever make.

"Easter is the rest of Christmas"

May God Bless You All
Sharon