Thursday, March 22, 2007

Faith when in the darkness.... take heart!

"Living a life of faith means never knowing where you are being led," writes the great saint Oswald Chambers. "But it does mean loving and knowing the One who is leading. It is literally a life of faith, not of understanding and reason – a life of knowing him who calls us to go."

My dear friend Shelley, my heart hurts for you with all that is on the plate right now. I wish I could see the future but all I can see is our Lord and Savior - His face -His open hands - His arms wanting to pull you and your family close at this hard time. He will provide everything if we just trust in Him. I too believe in God and all He stands for and all He has done - but there are still times unbelief in my life. Its easy to have strong faith and love for God in good times. Its the hard times that really puts us to the test and we have to endure a hardship in life or a giant struggle. As I look back with my mom I know this was my time to come to Jesus and fully understand Him and what He means to me. I think everyone has a season of opportunity that is open to us to accept Jesus and His free life changing salvation. I think we have that opportunity each and every day but there are those seasons in our lives that we are RIPE for the harvest. If we are already there and in tune with God and His plan for our lives - our trust builds and our understanding deepens. We will be able to share the Good News with others in more effective ways. Shelley my dear - I pray that God leads you to the next place in life. I know it will include Jesus in this new place and direction and I pray its a chance right now - a season that the fruit is ripe - for your family to come to Jesus. Abraham loved God - Paul loved God - I know You love God.

Father - I believe, God - help me overcome my unbelief. I believe, God - help me to live like I believe. I believe, God - help me to make decisions like I believe. I believe, Lord, you are trustworthy; help me to abandon my mythology that says I am more trustworthy than you. Help us Lord believe when its hard to believe and help us Lord put our trust and full faith in You Lord during the days and decisions ahead. Lord Shelley's family needs her right now, her family needs Steve right now and Lord her family needs You right now. Shine for them - the season of the harvest is ripe - pick them Lord and remove the doubts in their hearts to "if" YOU would do this now - to "Of Course" YOU will do this now. I pray in Jesus name who is above all other names,
Amen~

No comments: