Monday, March 12, 2007

Being glad in all our days.....

The 12th of March already.... where is time going? Still adjusting to the 1 hour spring ahead - I just don't see why we can't just leave it where it is!! The older I get, the harder it seems to adjust to this hour thing. I woke up this morning and it was dark out, thinking it was still in the early morning, I was ready for a few more hours of sleep until the clock went off right after that. Has anyone ever wanted to throw the alarm clock before? I have heard about people throwing phones and other stuff but never actually seen it done! Just wondering......
Last night Carol and I had off from our Sunday night Rock Group meeting - it was a good break but I have to admit - I missed everyone.... looking forward to get back on track next week. Carol and I had a chance to sit and watch Extreme home make over. Carol loves that show and I myself have not watched it much - but she was sitting there last night telling me how much she loved that show - I couldn't tell from the tears falling!! This show makes a difference in the lives of those the show is about. This family had their house burn down - no place to live and the next week the oldest son dies in a car wreck. Talk about a hard couple of weeks. The son was a organ donor and his heart went to a family who's daughter needed a heart - they got to meet on the show. Whew - hurt and joy all wrapped tight there! House was paid for by the donations of those who want to make a difference for this family. A new house and a new chance at life. A reset - a mulligan a DO-OVER! I have to say though - this family has been through some tough things but together they remain strong. They in many ways, seem to be a stronger family as if nothing could come between them. The loss of a loved one has become the magnet that draws them closer together. I wish I could say that about my family - I really do. In many ways we all have drifted since my mom left and in many ways I feel like I am thousands of miles away, when in reality I am only an hours drive. I am thankful for my church family, my rock group family and the love of my wife and son and those in my family who have stepped up to the plate when our families have needed it most. I feel like I have many who have my back and are leaning on me for all the right reasons. I am doing the best I can with fulfilling my moms promises but sometimes I wonder if I am making any headway what so ever. Its during those times when I am quiet and still that God talks to me - he sends me someone to remind me that its in His hands. Its still hard to believe at times that mom is not here - sometimes it really grabs me and its like a dream or something. Its then that I look upward and thank God that mom is where she is and how I need to dig deep and press through - press through for others - reach out to people and make a difference - however small or large that may be. Our time here loved ones is short - make the most of it. I have so much I want to share with my son - so much I want to teach him and show him - show him how much I love Jesus so that when he is older and has a family himself he will be that much more ahead because he will know what is expected because he will have had a good example to go on. The love his mom and dad had for Jesus - it showed in their lives. I never thought I would be taking part in a Sunday School class - never the less help teach it. Never did I think I would be praying with 20 kids around me and sharing with them that we are family and their prayers matter to God just as much as mine do or their parents do. Never did I ever think, me the selfish sinner would not want to be any place on earth that God is not. Sometimes I come to work and God sends me people - He sends me friends who need direction and they need help - they need to see God. Friends - we all need some direction - we need to put down our selfishness and help those around us see and feel the maker of the universe. He cares about you - He is waiting on you - nothing is more important to Him than you are.
I love you all - but I have fought hard the last year for my family. I wonder how long I can keep this up? No amount of evidence or prayers lifted for you will do anything until your heart is opened and you are grabbed by God. I wonder how He will do that in YOUR LIFE? Might not be exactly the way you think it will be...... Friends God can take you places you never thought was possible. Doors will open and people will come into your life and make a difference. Surround yourself with people who will bring you up and not drag you down. Our lives are like the seasons - and with that comes change. Its time for a change.......

Psalm 90:10-14 NIV
The length of our days is seventy years-- or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. Who knows the power of your anger? For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you. Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Relent, O LORD! How long will it be? Have compassion on your servants. Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

Lord, help us focus on the joy in our lives even as we struggle and have faults in everything we do. Help us make a difference for someone today so that we don't focus all we have on our selves. Help us focus outward and just maybe Lord - Your light will shine for someone who doesn't know You - You have so much to offer, so much to give and You have done so much for us already - thank You for Your unfailing love and Your promises Lord. May we be setting a good example for our children and families and doing Your will over our own.
Amen~

No comments: