Monday, April 30, 2007

Monday morning snow peak......

What a day it has been and how about that weekend? I have to tell you that I am bleeping encouraged and amazed at the same time. Saturday night I woke a few times with the vision that nobody came to church on Sunday. Just me - nobody else - like did I not get the memo or did someone cancel church on me? See, I don't see myself as a leader - a visionary - a person who takes charge and makes things happen for others - just myself because I am VERY hard on myself - ask my wife Carol. I am sometimes off the handle and out there to others. I am energized the last year specifically for what the Lord has placed on my heart. NEVER in my wildest dreams would I think that I would be where I am today. Sometimes I just have to stop and be amazed at what God is doing and the direction God is leading my family and I. God has brought us to a great church - with a great Pastor - great family and great love for each other. God asking me to lead a small group - lead our church in 2 Volunteer Ministries - hey I am NERVOUS - I get nervous when I am out of my comfy zone and doing things that are foreign to me. But the past year as God has moved me into more and more of these situations - I have learned to trust Him. When there looks to be no way out or no way this is going to work or failure is just about to happen - God comes in and makes it all come to together. He puts the broken back together and He fits the jumbled puzzle back together again... making it better than before. As I sat and listened to Pastor Jimmy preach his message yesterday, I couldn't help but to think of some friends of mine, my family and also myself because part of that message was for so many folks - including me. The tough trials of last week are behind me and I have learned from them - it's time to move on and to grow in what God is teaching me and bringing me through. I sometimes try and look at the big picture - but that's not my job. Its my pastors Job to lead our church and to look at the big picture... its God's job to make the big picture.
One thing I have learned in serving - The people who work for you, who serve for you - their time is more important than mine. Their talents are more important than mine. A leader must serve in all capacities. Jesus did just that, He washed feet and He taught to the people that the world had pushed aside and had given up on. A leader has to have a humble and kind heart. Maybe that is the part I am missing and question myself when I look at myself as a leader.... I have the heart for people and I care for others so much and I would do just about anything for them but leading - come on not me - me ARE YOU SURE GOD? My vision must line up with the vision that Jesus has for me....and for those I am leading and what we are trying to do together. As we go through things we will stumble and fall - but God is there to pick us up and to teach us His way is best. I would rather be trying and doing what God is asking me and experiencing the blessings that come from that than to just not do it or to walk away in fear. Yes I am feared - but God is with me and so are many good folks. That's my encouragement as I venture out to learn something about myself and hopefully lead with compassion and praise - making something for a GREAT God - not making something GREAT for God.
Just so you know - LOTS of folks came to church yesterday. 2 families I know came yesterday for the first time - 1 family has some deep tough issues and after a year of inviting - they came. The other family came after just a quick invite Saturday afternoon - they come walking through the doors Sunday morning!!! We just never know when the season is right for people to hear and need Gods word. Many times we are at the end, bottom of the pit and then we turn to Him, other times it just happens and the harvest is ripe for picking. We have to stay in the fight - there are lost people in this world who need to know Jesus and that they are loved no matter what. I get it...... it burns my heart I get it...... I want people to experience God like I am right now because its pretty bleeping cool!
There is no other more important job in the world than to serve others. I feel that today...... high in the snow peaks......

Love you all,
Randy~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

You can do ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENS YOU!! Nothing you attempt to do surprises me anymore! You are willing and able to serve and to do God's will and with a heart big as Texas to go with it I might add!

I once heard a preacher say "Win the lost at any cost" that is sort of what Jesus has asked us to try to do.

I love you and I am here for you if you ever need me, me and Uncle Buster both!

Always,
Aunt Sharon