Monday, April 9, 2007

Longevity is not everything.......

Today I find myself just in amazement. I received an email this morning that was all encouragement - the Easter service at church yesterday! Wow - how uplifting it was knowing that someone is praying for me and my family. That awesome encouragement in following Christ and serving Him. Whew - this truly just makes my heart sing. As I think about those in my life who have went their ways this morning - I can't help but to think about mom's promises. How do I accomplish this - I can't. Plain and simple. God has to do His part and those who the promises were for have to do their parts. I can't go about this alone. Prayer changes everything and I will continue to pray for changed lives and opened eyes and hearts.

Here are some things on my heart this afternoon:

God helps us and prepares us to help others. "He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us."
God wants me to fulfill my promises.
We become brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.
We get to be a part of what God's doing.
God knows what to do, and he doesn't leave our side.
"Cheerfully pleasing God is the main thing, and that's what we aim to do, regardless of our conditions."
"It's no light thing to know that we'll all one day stand in that place of Judgment. That's why we work urgently with everyone we meet to get them ready to face God."
Once we commit our lives to Christ, we get a fresh start. It's like we are newly created.
"Don't squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us."
"I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn't fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way... Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!"
My heart regulates my hands and hopefully my mouth.
"God can pour on the blessings in astonishing ways so that you're ready for anything and everything."
God wants us to build others up rather than tearing people down.
"Keep your spirits up. Think in harmony. Be agreeable."

Friends - It's not how long we live on this earth that matters - it's the quality in which we live with the time we have. Mom died too early - the police officers who were killed last week died too early and too young - but they died living a life of passion and a life worth living for and giving everything for. During our time of seeing people unjustly die - all we have is our faith and trust in Jesus. Make the most of your time here friends, live for Jesus - help others and leave a memory that others will follow, cherish and honor. Jesus has given us the chance to live...

I love you all - God's best,
Randy~

No comments: