Friday, April 6, 2007

Never in my life........

Did I think hanging out with 3rd graders would be such a blessing in my life. Never did I think that I would ever relate to kids at this age - EVER! Today I had lunch in the classroom, it was brown bag day - they saved me a seat in the middle of the room - next to miss Madison of course. We ate and shared some lunch and snacks - then off for game time. It was the third grade kickball championships - so off to the field we went. Before the game we had a team cheer and put some strategy in place - some of the kids had never played so we went over the rules and it was game time. We won the first game and I had to leave for the second game because I unfortunately had to come back to work. BOOOO!
I know some of the kids have problems at home - parents they struggle, divorce and other brothers and sisters fighting for mom/dad attention. Some have really tough lives for being such little kids - but at least for that one hour on Friday's - there are smiles and all tough hard things are forgotten.
In a few weeks - we hopefully will be having a pizza party - I look forward to this time together. Nothing like getting hugs, smiles and kids hanging all over you to cheer up your bad day - a day of smiles for everyone.
God has truly blessed me - I never would have thought it or experienced it if God had not come into my life.
Thank You Lord for the awesome blessings in these wonderful children.

Father I pray that their struggles at home can be something that does not hold them back from anything in life Lord. I pray they each have someone in their life to pray for them - to love them and encourage them - I feel like they are all my children and I know that is how You must feel for all of us Lord. Thank You for giving me the experience of these kids - I know for that one hour on Fridays this year, it is our time and a time filled with hugs, smiles and love. I continue to pray for their safety - for good health Lord and for Your love on them. It will be a sad time when school ends.... mostly for me probably - but its an awesome experience that I will always hold close to my heart.
I pray in Your sons awesome name in Jesus,
Amen

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

After reading your blog I couldn't help but notice my calendar says today April 6 "The best thing parents can do for their children is to love each other" I am sure some of those children don't see a lot of love, you never know what a child's eyes have seen. Jesus loved the children. Jesus said "Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
And He took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them." Mark 10:14-16

As you and Carol are working with the children you are seeing just how open they can be. They "see" things just as they really are. We as adults try to see more than the obvious, we try to figure it all out. Through a child's eyes we can see Jesus so much clearer. I've heard it said that children cling to people they love even when they hurt them and abuse them, it is that unconditonal love they seek. The children in the Bible as they sat with Jesus could sense the love He had for them, how awesome that had to of been, to actually be sitting there with the Saviour of the world, the Son of God! That unconditional love of Christ. He loves us all the same, forgives us, and even forgets it all. He hurts when we neglect HIM, when we don't pray and show love to others, yet He is firm when we stray and shows us He is still God, He comforts us when we hurt, He hurts with us. I know if He carried the sins of the whole world on his back that he feels us when we hurt. I felt His presence as I sat with your momma as she was dying, He was pleading with me to believe that He would soon and very soon give her new life, that her life had not been in vain, that the suffering and tears would be gone, I felt Him as I cried over her body after she died, as I held her still hand and cried "Oh Merciful God". He was wrapped around me as I sobbed till my tears wet her hands, the side of her bed and the floor where I knelt, He was telling me in my heart that she is with Him now, safe from harm, pain, fear, tears, and worry, and that we would soon be together again, that she would be waiting for me as I cross over, that I had to be strong and carry on the work that she started. I feel him even right now as my tears flow with the love I still feel for her, and the ache of missing her, He is still saying to me, be strong, the day will come that we will be together again only then we will see Him in all His Glory, we will know why He chose to take her before me, He didn't "take" her life for no reason, we will all have to give up our lives at some point, and when my time comes to lay there as she did, I will feel what she felt at that time, the presence of God. I believe at the same time that He had His arms around me, that He had His arms around her, assuring her that He would take care of her, and that He had a glorous new life for her in Heaven, that it would soon, not to worry, not to fear, that all the suffering would end never to be remembered again. I believe He assured her that He would take care of her family, That is why He is our Heavenly Father. We are all His Children. We need to see through the eyes of children more often.

Praise God that we have the promise of Heaven and seeing our loved ones again. Amen and Amen

I love you Randy, just like I loved your momma. God is with us, He really is our Heavenly Father.
Aunt Sharon