Monday, April 2, 2007

Holy week.......

Never in my life has Easter meant so much to me. The old me -Easter was always about making eggs, buying my mom a lily or some other type of plant so she can put it in the yard - it meant having a family get together - but never did we really respect the day with a church service - all the things that took place on Good Friday - acknowledging Jesus dying on the cross for me and being raised from the dead on Sunday. 2000 years ago the events unfolded and still many continue to not believe the greatest events in our history. This is the super bowl here folks - Jesus being raised from the dead - it means we are in victory over death! He made a way for us - for all who take up our mats and walk with Him. Without Jesus resurrection than we have nothing - no hope in this life or in the one after! Why do we continue to push Christ away and do what we want to do? For one nobody wants to think about death - we all think we have time and we will be here to make the "deal" when our time does come. Not everyone will have that chance and spending eternity away from Jesus is not something we should be willing to risk. One thing is for sure - Jesus came and we have been forever changed. Its a personal walk loved ones - no one can accept Jesus for you - There are many probably around you that have been praying for you for a long time - for your heart to soften enough to be open to what God has in store for you.
I got an email from a dear friend of mine this morning - as I read this email tears started to flow from my eyes because this email explained in detail yesterdays church service with her husband. For years this friend has followed the Lord, has been faithful over the years and has fought so hard for her marriage - yesterday her husband had a moment - an eye opening awakening! He told her that he had lived his entire life for himself and he is not happy. As he had made fun of the choir over the years he finally realized that they were singing to the same God with love and passion he knew nothing about. They both are going through a hard time right now and her faith is being pushed to the limit and I am praying hard for this family - for those teachable moments that she will have for her husband. The distant shore is closer than we think loved ones - sometimes we just give up too early. Dig deep and examine yourself - are you happy in life? Do you have direction and purpose? Are you experiencing friends who really love and care for you? Maybe your pushing when you should be accepting and pulling people close - Jesus can do this for you. For His blood was shed 2000 years ago for YOU.
Easter services at church is the one time a year that people come to find out about God and Jesus - be one of them this year. Open your mind and heart and see what God has in store for you. You'll never be the same again.....
Love you all - if you need a place to go to church - email me - I am officially inviting you to come.
Randy~

Luke 22:
63The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him. 64They blindfolded him and demanded, "Prophesy! Who hit you?" 65And they said many other insulting things to him.
Jesus Before Pilate and Herod 66At daybreak the council of the elders of the people, both the chief priests and teachers of the law, met together, and Jesus was led before them. 67"If you are the Christ,[a]" they said, "tell us."
Jesus answered, "If I tell you, you will not believe me, 68and if I asked you, you would not answer. 69But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God."
70They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am."
71Then they said, "Why do we need any more testimony? We have heard it from his own lips."

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

After reading your blog all I could think of was this old hymn:

Just As I Am

Just as I am, without one plea
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou biddst me come to thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot.
To Thee whose blood can clease each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Just as I am, tho tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt.
Fightings and fears within, without.
Oh Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Just as I am, thou wilt receive, Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
Oh Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Many a person has heard that song at the close of a church service and made their way to the altar and gave their heart to Jesus! It is an eye-opening experience, as if you were blind and were seeing for the first time in your life.