Monday, April 16, 2007

A full life in an empty place......

Wow - its a tough Monday here - just to get my head out of the sand and get going again after a few days off last week. Behind at work here and feeling that "Out-of-Focus" feeling I seem to always have after a few days of down time. This week marks a big week for many folks around me. My dear friend Shelley has a big interview scheduled this afternoon at 2:00. She is out of work and many have been praying for her and her family the last few weeks. I pray for good news when she checks in with me after her interview. My dear friend Julie has an interview with a local company in her field tomorrow and I am praying for a good fit for her. She is working 3 jobs and seems the last months, she is always working and going. Our friend Steven has an interview this week as well. My brother will be out of town starting tomorrow for 10 days to go to Indiana with his company for some specialized training at his work. Great opportunity there to further his skills and value. Carol has her performance review this week from her company. I am just feeling blessed to work here at the University and to serve my church and those around me here in the capacity that God has given me.

Isaiah 58:
A Full Life in the Emptiest of Places
9-12"If you get rid of unfair practices, quit blaming victims, quit gossiping about other people's sins,If you are generous with the hungry and start giving yourselves to the down-and-out,Your lives will begin to glow in the darkness, your shadowed lives will be bathed in sunlight.I will always show you where to go. I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places— firm muscles, strong bones.You'll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry.You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past.You'll be known as those who can fix anything, restore old ruins, rebuild and renovate, make the community livable again.

As I go about my day and this week - I will be focusing on Clarity and Courage - not only for myself and what God wants me to do - but also for my friends and loved ones. May God speak to your heart like never before, may He open doors you never thought possible and may He deliver you from the things that you are struggling with right now.
Love you all,
Randy~

No comments: