Sunday, April 1, 2007

The morning after....... !

Whew was it hard to roll out of bed this morning at 6:15 - 6:20 - 6:30 - 6:35 - shower and run with coffee. I played some Third day a little extra loud on my way to church this morning, hoping to get my blood flowing as I downed my coffee. I was running 5 minutes late and the church trailer was not there yet - I am glad - I don't like to be late for anything. Thank my mom for that! After a few minutes of being at church ready to get motivated and geared up - I paused for maybe 30 seconds - thanked the Lord for giving me this opportunity to serve Him and serve those in my church family and for all the new faces coming into the doors this morning. I needed that shot in my arm - got everything setup - Its Communion Sunday and Pastor Jimmy called up 4 gents to help pass out Communion. What an honor to do this. Band was rocking, new faces in the house and it was especially touching to sit with my friend Alice at the 11:00 service. Jimmy had a funny story of him going and seeing KISS back in 1996 and had everyone laughing. It was a good day - praying for even a bigger day next Sunday. This being a holy week - the week before Good Friday and Easter Sunday - I hope to spend a little extra time with God in prayer this week. We are spending Easter with some church family and Carol, Kyle and I are really excited about this. I hope to have a few Easter thoughts this week to share with everyone. Its the reason of the season - Jesus.
I just have to say after the last 2 awesome days - We are all WORN out - but its an awesome feeling and we wouldn't have missed any of this for anything. Mom I know you were with us yesterday and today - if you were here in person instead of cheering us on from heaven - you would have taken us up on the offer to be there at the Easter Egg Hunt. I think about all that we have missed out over the last year with church, serving - you accepting Jesus - our long talks of Jesus and being a Christian and what that really means. I know many times when I call my aunt Sharon and uncle Buster - its a revival on the phone!! I know thats how it would have been mom. These are awesome times but I do miss you- especially during all of this - you would have been right there in the middle of it and loving it! I also can't help but to think that dad would have accepted Jesus by now because you always had a way to talk to dad. With Jesus being THE big part in your life - it would have been only a matter of time. I think about that day when I took you to see Pastor Jimmy - Your awesome day accepting Jesus. Dad stayed at the house and had no idea what was happening and why. He still might be thinking the same things - even after all that has happened and the last year has passed. My prayers continue for him, for his health and for him turning over himself and finding Jesus - experiencing the greatest life changing gift he will ever experience. Life would do a 180 and turn in so many good directions and his life would have the love and peace that he only hears about from others. My heart hurts for the lost ones mom in our family. May God take leadership of our families and lead us in a new direction in life. Only then will we truly know what love is and what serving each other before ourselves really means.

Have a good week everyone - set your minds and hearts on Jesus.

Lord thanks for an awesome and inspiring weekend...... our priorities are with You.
Amen

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

Your momma was just getting into being a Christian when she got sick, she was excited about getting saved and talking about trying different churches to find a "home church" she was so excited, your dad had agreed to go to church with her. She was so happy about that, so excited about the awesome thing that had transpired in her life, and then.......but she still got to go to Heaven. She did have to miss out on all the things that we are enjoying in the church, she would have made a wonderful, awesome Christian worker with all her "serving" abilities. There wasn't anything she wouldn't have done in a church and for anyone. She had a "servant's heart". But I am convinced that she is doing just that in Heaven. She is serving and loving, it's just hard for us left down here. Even in the midst of good times in our services and our lives, that feeling still comes across me that she's not here, I miss her so much, how excited I was too to know we'd get to be together serving the Lord. God had a different plan but it is still God's plan. We have to accept that and know that HIS way is the right way. Who knows which one of us is going next?? The main thing is to make sure our hearts are secured in Jesus and to be "packed and ready" meaning if He calls us we're on our way. I heard pastor Sparks say today that in one place when people talked of their loved ones being "departed" on such and such a date, they referred to it as their loved ones "arriving" meaning their arrival in Heaven. It is our loss but Heaven's gain. The main focus of our heart is knowing we will see her again, Randy, that is what keeps us going when our hearts are crying. She missed out on a lot down here, but we've got a lot to look forward to with her up there. I remember talking with her on the phone before she got sick, she was always reading the latest "Left Behind" series book that you loaned her. I remember the last one she read she said "sis, it's the best one of all, you've got to read it, you wouldn't believe it all" her voice was all excited and she was caught up in God. She was hungry, grabbing every book that she could read about God and her Bible that she had bought, eager to make up for all the lost time, she had a vision of Heaven, she was ready to go. She was ready if her call came to give up this life for her eternal life. We weren't ready to let her go, but I know in my heart that she was ready to go. I'm not saying that she was really "wanting" to go and leave us, but she came to the point that she had to focus on Heaven more than us. I think it's the hardest for me to look at the sunshine and the flowers, she loved life, she loved to look out her back patio door and sit on her deck and just watch the birds. I know today that she is "watching" for us to "arrive", oh she is not just sitting there she is "about the Father's business" just like she would want it. We miss her so, there is a void there that no one else can fill, I know she missed being a Christian here but she is a Saint there, and, oh the wonders that she is seeing that we are not.......not yet...... today is the day to give your heart to Jesus, if you don't have the peace of God in your heart, don't put it off another day, it may be too late, the next call may be ours. I pray that we can all say that we are ready, "even so, come Lord Jesus". Amen
love you so much
Aunt Sharon