Monday, April 2, 2007

Through a Fathers faith.....

A child is not likely to find a father in God unless he finds something of God in his father.

This explains many things for those of us who have not put their hearts into Jesus. They choose to take the word of man to explain everything that is unknown. God has given us free will, He has given us a choice to follow Him or not. Many did not believe Jesus even though He walked with them and healed many around them. They chose not to believe - then - many choose not to believe now. By Gods grace I will let them see God in me.
My son asked me tonight - "Daddy, why do some people not go to church?" I said because God has given us the freedom to choose to go or not to go. Even though He loves us all the same. He then said, "I don't see why they don't go, we go to the coolest church in the world!" I couldn't agree more......

Lord Jesus, I do believe in you. I have accepted you as my Savior and Lord. Thank you for revealing yourself to me. Thank you for saving me! Because of your grace and my faith, I am a child of the living God. I praise you. What a privilege! What joy to know that in every situation I have a loving, wise, and good heavenly Father to counsel and help me. Thank You for loving me Lord and setting an example for my family and for shining through me for them to see. Thank You for Your son, Jesus - who makes everything possible.
Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed with a God-loving child. We've both worked to teach him what is important in life. That light shines in Kyle --he cares about others, and is a respectful child. He is amazing...worrying about kids in his class, kids on his bus, kids in his neighborhood. He was super trooper this past Saturday at the Easter Egg Hunt, doing whatever he was told. He was totally ready and willing to serve. How Awesome is that...!! The most awesome thing is that he wants to spread the Good Word of Jesus to others. He was ready to canvass the neighborhood yesterday on his mini-motorcyle to drop cards off to everyone in the neighborhood letting them know about our Easter Service. I thank you, Lord, for such a wonderful, God-loving child.