Wednesday, April 11, 2007

R & R

All is quiet here in the Bateman household - but I am not like my dog Adger waiting for everyone to get up so I can go and lick their ears. I enjoy the morning and even though I have been working and serving now at an unreal pace - I have the rest of the week off to enjoy some down time and some time to enjoy the company of my good friends Lynn, Dennis and Sophia. As I sit and reflect this morning on the past few weeks, I can't help but to feel overwhelmed with what God is doing in my life and in the lives of my wife and son. I am so grateful for the opportunities that are before us. I look forward to resting and refreshing the next few days and then be ready to go at it all again with the love I have in life for those around me - never knowing when someone might email me or walk into my office at work or grab me by the arm at church and just spill something on me that needs prayer. I do take that responsibility extremely serious and many times I wonder if that is what I should be doing fulltime in life. But I know God has the plan and I am where I need to be right now - today. I am fulfilled with this mission and assignment. As the troops here begin to wake up - I did my best to sleep in but just too excited to see what the day has for me and also has for everyone here at the Bateman household. I still need to get my quota in of hugs from Sophia - she doesn't know what to make of uncle Lonnie just yet..... but she will.
Gods best today,
Randy~

No comments: