Friday, April 20, 2007

Sometimes God makes no sense...

I know so many people who are struggling with life and the situations that they find themselves in today. I know people who are sick with cancer, who have heart conditions, people who are struggling with direction in life as they face retirement and now what do I do - I have people around me who are addicted to drugs and/or fight that addiction every single day, friends on the verge of divorce, dear friends who are out of work and are struggling with finding employment and providing for their families, children who have passed away and left parents at a place of complete emptiness, children who when I visit them at my sons school really have a tough home life. SO many things that makes no sense at times....
I remember back when my mom was sick and my dad screaming out to me and those family members that day in the hospital, saying "What did she do to deserve this? - She never hurt anyone? Where is this God and why is he letting this happen to her?" - I remember my father-n-law that said to me when he was turned down from his cancer study at Duke University Hospital, "Guess your God doesn't listen to prayers" and "Where is your God now because I was not chosen." I remember the anger that welled into me during those times and the feeling of just wanting to defend my God. But I know He can defend himself and I know there is a reason WHY all these things happen. Why the folks in Virginia were killed and why so many things happen that is just horrible. Friends these things have been going on since the beginning of time. My dad telling those around him that they don't understand and nobody knows how he feels - is just not right. People do understand and more importantly - God understands. Even when we don't feel Him in our lives and we are crying out to Him - where are you Lord?!!! He is there - He is testing your faith and if you don't have any faith - it might be that He is pulling you towards Him.
Do I understand everything that goes on and what God is doing? Surely not.... but God has a plan regardless even if someone close to us passes away or someone is suffering. Maybe there is someone else, who in no other way, He uses to get to you and to get your attention. Maybe to us he makes no sense at times - maybe down the road it will or to someone else.
I think about all the missionaries out in the world serving God and bringing lost people the hope of Jesus and are killed for their faith. In many parts of the world being a Christian means that you can be rounded up, jailed or even killed for your faith. Dale E. Sr - died doing what he loved to do driving a race car in the Daytona 500 - I am sad these folks died sure - but they died doing what they loved and were passionate about. Do we feel less sorry for them than the other people? We are all going to pass away from this life - we are all terminal - it's the walk between the points folks that matter. Those that walk the best lines know there is no other ending point! Yes the body may die - but their soul will live if they have given their hearts to Jesus.
Jesus hanging on the cross asked our Heavenly Father - My God, My God why have you forsaken me? Even Jesus had to dig deep and find his faith - after all He was human and had to experience what we all will experience one day. Its all we have at times when everything around us is dark and does not look good. Its during those times loved ones that we can't explain why - we just have to trust in what we believe - and that God is who He says He is. There is so much more that we don't see and understand. Sometimes God makes no sense in what is happening around us but then again - sometimes He does.
I love you all,
Randy~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

Yes sometimes God makes no sense and that is when we have to lean not to our own understanding but to God's and to accept that HE will never leave us Matthew 28:20 and that All things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

I remember the day your momma told me she didn't want to live if she had to be crippled and bedridden, she knew the cancer was getting worse, then later as I quoted Psalm 34:4 "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" holding her hand she was saying "Thank You Jesus" she was preparing to go and meet HIM. My fleshly me would have changed it if I could have, I still love her so much, but my spirit knows that she is in a Heavenly place, a place that God prepared for her and for me and for all of us if we will accept Him. God's plan was already in motion, just as ours is, our time to meet God is scheduled too.

I love you too and thank God for you.
Aunt Sharon