Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A moment of Silence

Heavenly Father - as we stop and pause for a few moments today at the university here - I pray we pause as a country - a world of one people. I pray for the families, for the University Employees and all the students at Virginia Tech - Lord I pray for the families of all those wounded, killed and involved at the uninversity - Police officers, medical people, news reporters... so many Lord affected by this. I also pray for all school campuses today Lord to have the courage and vision to put higher standards of safety on all our campuses and in our schools. Lord use the church - use Your people Lord who have their hearts in You to comfort those in need and to help bring prayer, peace and understanding to all the people. Lord I pray for clarity and understanding during this moment of pause..... moment of prayer since we are so afraid to call it that today. I raise the bar for all of us to come together at this time.
I pray in Your sons name,
Amen

No comments: