Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Remove the lid....... and Follow what God has in store for you...

Just when you think you can handle what God is placing on you - something comes up even bigger. Can I do this? Do I have the time? Am I called to follow up with this new thing that is placed before me? What am I talking about???? I am talking about my small thinking. I am talking about placing boundaries on ourselves - me included - that is less than what God has in store for us. I am talking about trusting God and the people in our lives who know Jesus when they come to you and have something to say. How hard to we really listen and how hard do we listen to our pastors talking on Sunday mornings.... do we take that message and make it the weeks message and have it hold us over until our next feeding of Gods word. Friends - I can't help but to think about the lid that is on my life and its a lid we all have and its a lid we place there for security and comfort - for reasons other than Gods reason.
I have a few things going on right now in my life - one of which I wont tell you but the other is a leadership role at church. Have I done this before? Can I do this? How can I share the message of my fire and passion for Jesus and take it to others? I feel in many ways I am the outcast right now in my family. I am millions of miles away - yet another day and another weekend goes by with out an email or a phone call from the family I love. Why don't I pick up the phone and call them or email them asking if everything is ok? Maybe its this way right now for me to learn something and to give them room because YES I AM A DIFFERENT PERSON!! Maybe I make them uncomfortable or maybe - they are in their comfortable spot and want to remain there. You know who I am talking to..... and I admit I have not done enough and God is placing this on my heart to make it right regardless of who is doing what and not doing this. Reach out and give forgiveness... no matter who is at fault. My self in my skin I am thinking no way but my God given heart is hurt and wanting God to move this mountain. I am in this place today for a reason - and its in this place God will reveal to me why. I have full faith in Him and trust in Him - He will stick to me like a brother and never leave my side. I have God word as the promise there and I fully trust in that. Why do I hang on to that lid that keeps me in my comfort zone? I will be ok.... because God is with me and I am going to lean back - put my faith in Jesus and trust in His word to show me how to lead - what to do - and if what the other thing is before me is from Him and in His will. No matter what - its all for His purposes and in His Divine appointment.
Please pray for me as I pray for clarity and courage.
Heavenly Father, Humble me Lord and give me clear direction on what You would want me to do here. I know I can lead but I need You to lead me.
Thank You for the opportunity before me Lord - the meeting I had with such a dear friend this afternoon - and for her putting her faith in You as well and then sharing with me something so big and so huge..... I pray that if this is what I am to tackle Lord - I pray its all for Your purposes. Help me to think bigger Lord - help me to remove the lid on my life so I may do something big for You. My heart and trust is in Your hands.
Amen

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

I too am facing some life changing decisions in my life at this point. Maybe not anything anyone else would think is very important but it is to me, I ask for your prayers also that I may make the right decisions, and do God's will in this also. Sometimes I think God is leading me then sometimes I worry that it is me leading me. I need direction at this point in my life, I don't want to just sit down, I need to be busy in my life not only physically and financially but spiritually also. I am also facing problems finding affordable hospital insurance that is a "real" concern for someone like me that has had cancer in the past.

God, I pray right now in the name of Jesus for Randy's life at this point. He has many things on "his plate" right now, so many things. Lord he has such a tremendously large heart for people, family, and most of all for you God. I know You won't put more on us than we can handle, but I ask you for spiritual and physical strength for him in all that he endevors as he is a server, his life is all about serving others and you God. Now as I just put this into your hands, I give it to You that You may be glorified in this and that he may be strengthened, in Jesus' name. I pray as he is lifted that the name of Jesus is lifted as Your word says if we lift the name of Jesus that all men will be lifted unto Him.

Now I ask you Father to give me the direction I need in my life as well and I will be sure to give You the praise and Glory, in your precious name.
Amen