Thursday, August 30, 2007

To My Rock Group Family

I just want to take a moment and share with everyone something that has become very dear to me over the last year. That is:

My Rock Group Family

I did not grow up in church - sure I went from time to time on those important days but never put much into church (it was always for someone else) Then that all changed when God moved my family and I from another church here in the Charlotte area and to where we are now.
Rocky River Community Church - http://www.rockyriverchurch.com/

Over the past 2 years now, Rocky River Church - the family there - the teaching there- the music there - all of it.... has changed my life forever. All during the time my mom was sick and so many other times - I had an entire family of followers of Jesus praying for me and my family. Nothing compares to that. During that time we were politely invited to a small group each and every week. We could not go because of the family obligations at the time but after that season passed - We went. Yes it was a little scary not ever have been to a bible study before and I did not want everyone to know how little I knew about the bible - but I had a love for Jesus - I had a love for the folks who invited us and the family that was there. Soon after getting to know these folks and praying with them and having some fun together - our church expanded the Small Group program - Thus it became known as Rock Groups. God led me to lead one. It was something I had been praying for - for months - and when the opportunity came, it was so clear what God wanted me and my family to do. It has been awesome since...... I am so blessed to have these folks in my life and in the lives of my family.
You all may never know how much I love you guys - all of you - your children and your friendships until we get to Heaven. Here on earth - I just dont think its possible for me to explain how deep that love is for you all.
We have had a good summer having some fun - attending ball games, concerts, swimming and cook outs... we have done many fun things the last few months. The time has come once again to expand..... once again to move from where we are in our Walk With Jesus - Don't get scared now I am not going anywhere... :)

But I have something planned to kick off our new Rock Group. Everyone will take part - I will provide details at our first meeting when we are together. That wont be for a few weeks but I wanted to plant a seed in everyone that its time for growth and our understanding and trust in not only in each other but for Jesus.

Get ready gang........ God has placed something on my heart.
Love you all..... and I know you know I mean that!
Lonnie~

No comments: