Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Appointment...

All of us have appointments in our lives. Doctor visits, dentist, meetings, work, out to eat with friends - so many things that fill up our palm pilots or black berry's - but the one big appointment we all will have is marked with a big red X - blocked out with marker - not to be changed - not to be late or early for; that appointment is with God. I look forward to the day to see my mom again and all the faces I miss from the past. I am serving the Lord hard so that one day I may hear those sweet words - Well done my child. I am not focused so much nowadays with pleasing people. I am more focused on pleasing the Lord and what He wants me to do with my life and how I treat others. We all will account for our actions and the things we have done at our big Appointment. That appointment may just come when we are not ready for it and when we least expect it. I know that IF I am doing my best to please Jesus and doing the things I feel in my heart that He is leading me on - I will please those around me.
See if you live your life doing your best to please others - you are in for one heck of a ride. How can we please people? We all have different demands - different expectations and personal agenda's - people change direction, feelings, attitudes at the drop of hat. If we listen to everyone and try to please everyone - our heads would spin off. You would be the master juggler! How do we know that all these folks are even speaking for God as we try to please them? Many times we become paralyzed where we are because we are trying to please everyone - afraid to say this and afraid to do that - afraid to step out of yourself and do something because it may hurt someone. I know so many people right now in my life that I know that are trapped in this bondage. They can never please the person who holds them in those chains. Once they mess up or obtain that goal and get the carrot hanging over them - the rules change, the bar goes higher - or the blame and guilt come because we let that person down. Many of us have bosses that are that way and NEVER is our job and duties enough to please them no matter how hard we work! People who base a relationship on performance will never be happy. People pleasing is destructive in the worst way.
Jesus said that we cannot serve two masters.
Focus yourself on pleasing God above all else. Its good to please people, especially those around you who you love and are family, but its wrong to live your life to please others.

Are you the one holding someone in bondage and chains? Do you even realize the mess its creating in that persons life around you - could it be your employee? Free them- if this is you..... and you will free yourself along with it. Do the things in this life that are pleasing to Jesus - our time here is short no matter how long we are here.... eternity is long and there is only one place where you want to be. HEAVEN
Prayers are needed for Carol's dad Walter - he is in ICU in Burlington Vt after a fall. He does not know Jesus and I pray his Divine appointment is not on the radar... I need more time to talk Truth and take the bold step in my faith to share Jesus - so his appointment will not be one of fear but of Hope and a chance to see all those who have went before - like my mom. Make that your prayer today too.
I love you all,
Randy~

No comments: