Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Staying in the light.....

My wife Carol called me earlier this morning and let me know that plans to move Walt are starting to take shape. Looks like things at CMC here in Charlotte are holding things up a tad being they are making a room ready for her dad Walter. Everything else as of right now is a go. Even with everything lining up, there could be set backs and there could be delays. Plans don't always work out exactly the way we want them to- otherwise Walt would not be in the hospital with a spinal cord injury and Carol would not have to be in Burlington VT the last 3 weeks. But even during all this, there is a purpose behind it all even if we can't see it. God will reveal what He wants us to know when we are ready to handle it and accept it. Gods timing, not ours. See I really believe that God has been working on her the last year or so preparing her for this season of time and the things she is being asked to do. I think the journey ahead will be hard but I know Gods glory will come through because that is where Carols heart is - in Gods hands. Being a Christian does not make you immunized to the fact that bad things happen and we will not struggle with things. I think many times we kind of expect bad things to happen and praise God during the good things that happen. Everything we face has a purpose - we may look like we are taking giants leaps and then stumble back a few steps but it is progress and we are moving forward - growing and learning about God and what He wants to do with our lives - and- LEANING on each other with the folks that God has put in your life. Pray that God surrounds you with good people - praying people who will add you and your family and your struggles to their prayer list - people who will walk along side of you and not judge you or be there to point out all the past mistakes. God accepts us and we should accept each other regardless of where we are in life and what we are struggling with. Come along side of someone and walk with them and see if they don't change you in some way. Jesus walks along side us, never in front and never behind - He is always there with a hand on our shoulder or leading us by the hand in comfort and in need.
Last night I stopped in to say good night to my son Kyle and he was already asleep. Our routine for bed on most nights includes a prayer. There is nothing in this world more important than to pray with your children. It tells them there is a God we love and we are His - and we cannot live this life without a heavenly Father. So as I stood and listened to him breathe, I thought about what a great day he had being with his buddy today. Tomorrow being with his friend from school and her family - playing and having fun - building lasting relationships. It is humbling knowing that my prayer last night when he is asleep -somehow he knew there were prayers for him. That he knows his daddy is praying for him and his momma is praying for him, loving him regardless. We are a team and in many respects - God is the same way. He comes and checks on us when we are sleeping. Ever wonder on those nights where you are restless and you cant sleep - your mind is running wild and it doesnt matter if you have to get up in 3 hours for work - God is speaking to you. Are you listening? Tune in loved ones and find out what God is showing you. I know that as I stand over my son in prayer - I am thankful for him and I am proud to say that I know he is Gods before he is mine. If God loves me and if God loves him in any amount like I love my son - than I am just blown away at how much God loves me. Let that sink in and know - that God loves you. He sent His son to the cross for you. He made a way for you to be with Him one day when that appointment time comes. I hope and pray you are ready. If you are still reading this - you must be thinking about it. Don't let your friends or family who don't know Jesus steer you away. Follow your heart...... your eternity is your responsibility and when that time comes- God wont care what your buddy had to say about it or your neighbor - He will care about You and what You have said about Him.

Isaiah 30:21
21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

On a side note: - We have a radio talk show lady here in Charlotte that is on the morning Christian Radio. She has taken a leave of absence for the summer and now we know why. She will be on the next episode of Survivor! What a great testimony and what a great way for our Lord to be reaching millions - to be reaching in China - and the tv crews and all the folks associated with the program and networks. I know Leslie Nease will do all she can to proclaim Jesus and honor Him in a great way. I am thinking of having some Survivor parties on Thursday night to cheer her on... hope you join us!!!!! Go Leslie!!!!
We will be watching Sept 20th, CBS at 8:00 for Survivor.

A special "thank you" to my cousin Angie for her comment on "The Walk" the other day. How cool is that - you reading this? Never would have thought it but its pretty cool. Miss you ~ email me sometime so we can catch up.

Love you all,
Randy
lrbatema@gmail.com

No comments: