Wednesday, August 1, 2007

A New Beginning...

I have to say that the last week or so has been so hectic. Life is in full speed mode here at our house and sometimes we dont even know what day it is. Running all day especially the last few days from 7 AM all the way till 10:00PM - has me dragging in the afternoons and looking for that cup of Java. For those who know me - There is nothing like a good cup of coffee!!

I lead a Volunteer Ministry and I coordinate connecting folks in our church to the Ministry that they are interested in serving. I have made a few calls this afternoon - have sent a few emails out over the last couple of days and I am just building with excitement. Reason being is, these are folks, couples, 20 somethings, families, people from all walks of life looking to get connected. I am only the point person and dont really think about leading anyone - as a matter of fact - My small group actually gets credit with this idea. We came up with this idea and have got this off the ground. These folks are at the brink of something big. Something life changing when they get up out of the chairs and the pews of their church and get moving. They get up and start serving and being a part of the solution instead of sitting back and saying this is not right, this needs to be better and how about that over there - a window shopper enjoying the show.
These are folks I am very proud of who are stepping forward in serving others! I look forward to these new relationships and team work. When we become a servant we always give up something we could have kept for our self – OUR time, money, and energy.
But in the end, even while we are serving it may be as hard as anything we have ever done or afraid like never before, its the most rewarding thing we could ever do.

Last day of VBS tonight. I am sad - sad for the kids who have enjoyed it all week. Sad that I won't get to see these kids until Sunday or not again until later in the summer. There is nothing like seeing the smiles on these faces. How contagious they are....... will let you know how tonight goes.

Randy~

No comments: