Friday, August 10, 2007

STEAMER!!!

Well - I have to say that ITS HOT!!! 104 here in Charlotte the last 2 days. Records all over the place and the pool where in the hot august sun - is a place to beat the heat - is 95. Its good for 2 seconds but I am not complaining. We have power, AC, fresh water, the TV is working and everyone here is happy including the dogs - Siberian Huskies - who says they can't take the heat?
Anyways - I am sitting watching the Mets game, they are losing and they all have coats on. Its 59 there and Carol has told me its been cold in Tupper Lake as well. Hey 50 degrees is only 20 away from SNOW. OK - I am trying here... thinking anything about being cool. :)

Kyle and I are off tomorrow morning to make our rounds cutting grass. Yes it will be hot - but we are hot for the Lord and this is what these grass cutting missions are all about. Taking Kyle with me is teaching him about others - about serving others and just making someone else's life a little easier - time for them instead of taking care of lawn work - to go with their kids and get icecream. Its about blessing those around us with the blessings that the Lord is giving us. I am thankful the Lord gives us the ability to even cut the grass, share time with these families and do this life together - as more than friends - but like family.

Carol is doing ok these last few days. Staying strong and shining for our Lord. She is taking this time to talk with her brother, her sister n law and niece about God. She is reminding them that prayers - are what has brought Walt to this point. God is hearing them and He is answering them. This may be the only chance to talk with her family about God - to show them how God is working and how He is taking care of things. I know Carol has been getting ready for this assignment for some time now. Just like with my mom - she will look back and know - God has prepared her for this season of time. She may know it already and those blessings alone will keep her focused on Jesus - all that His grace is providing and all the encouragement to stand true and stand strong. I am so proud of her!! Shine Carol - this is your time for your family... to break the Good News to them and show them what God is doing in your life.

Sunday - I look forward to serving - getting my mind off the things I am praying hard for - not worried about because worry has no place - and Kyle is with me doing and seeing what I am doing - serving our Lord. The Lord blesses those who do - and He gives us the command to serve Him and to work. I look forward to this time - leading by example and lessons learned.
There is lots to learn about all the latest events.... more to follow about that.
Until then - stay cool but only on your skin - stay HOT on the inside for Jesus!!!! .....
Gods Best,
Randy~

No comments: