Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Tonight Show: Miss South Carolina

Ok - this is something new for me. Adding a YouTube video - but it may be useful. I have seen this video a few times and I can't help but to feel sorry for Miss South Carolina. I mean she REALLY messed up this question. I don't really understand beauty contests either!!!

I think about how bad she floundered the answer and she still finished 4th! When our time comes to answer to God for all of what we have done - will you flounder on your answers? Do you know you WILL be going to heaven or just thinking maybe - I am not sure?! Friends, you have to know. You have to have it in your heart that you know heaven will be your next journey. Don't founder like miss S.C. at the questions God asks you. Make things right - put the past in your past and move forward with what God wants you to do and how to live.

PS: I don't know who won the contest - but I am sure in life they are all winners. The bigger question is - who amongst the Miss Teen USA - knows and gives God the credit for even being there......!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for Caitlin Upton. I caught her on The Today Show yesterday, and she is actually very intelligent and well spoken. She was an Honor Student all 4 years of High School, and a star athlete, playing varsity soccer. She competed this past summer on an elite varsity soccer team in Germany. Her team placed 2nd among teams from all over Europe.

Ann Curry gave her an opportunity to re-answer the question. Here is her responses:

“Personally, my friends and I, we know exactly where the United States is on a map,” she said. “I don’t know anyone else who doesn’t. If the statistics are correct, I believe there should be more emphasis on geography in our education so people will learn how to read maps better.”

I guess I just felt the need to stand up for her --- one "dumb blonde" to another....LOL.

P.S. She will be attending Appalachian State Univ and majoring in Computer Science and Graphic Design.