Monday, August 20, 2007

Join me......

Matthew 19
To Enter God's Kingdom
13-15One day children were brought to Jesus in the hope that he would lay hands on them and pray over them. The disciples shooed them off. But Jesus intervened: "Let the children alone, don't prevent them from coming to me. God's kingdom is made up of people like these." After laying hands on them, he left.
16Another day, a man stopped Jesus and asked, "Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?"
17Jesus said, "Why do you question me about what's good? God is the One who is good. If you want to enter the life of God, just do what he tells you."
18-19The man asked, "What in particular?"
Jesus said, "Don't murder, don't commit adultery, don't steal, don't lie, honor your father and mother, and love your neighbor as you do yourself."
20The young man said, "I've done all that. What's left?"
21"If you want to give it all you've got," Jesus replied, "go sell your possessions; give everything to the poor. All your wealth will then be in heaven. Then come follow me."
22That was the last thing the young man expected to hear. And so, crest-fallen, he walked away. He was holding on tight to a lot of things, and he couldn't bear to let go.
23-24As he watched him go, Jesus told his disciples, "Do you have any idea how difficult it is for the rich to enter God's kingdom? Let me tell you, it's easier to gallop a camel through a needle's eye than for the rich to enter God's kingdom."
25The disciples were staggered. "Then who has any chance at all?"
26Jesus looked hard at them and said, "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it."


So - why do I share this with you this morning? A few weeks back I had someone call me from church and tell me they are just tired of serving. They have been doing the same thing for 6-7 years now and giving up their time and doing their part in making a place for others to find God through our church. He was just burned out and I can totally understand - sometimes we need to take a break and step back to re-evaluate what we are doing in life. Trim the fat so to speak and get rid of some of the things that are dragging us down and keeping us too busy from the things we want and need to do. That conversation took place a few months ago and I ended that conversation with nothing but encouragement and speaking to him with the love of the Lord for him. This past Sunday - this fella came to me and thanked me - asked me to put him back into serving - He said- "this not serving thing just aint working for me!" BLAM - right back in ... nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to look back on - looking forward and God dealt with this person in his own way. See this fella was just blinded a little for a short time in the importance in serving. He has been reminded that we need to serve one another and to serve the Lord and put our priorities in the right order. We cannot save our selves - there is more to life than working, raising a family, going through life - 20- 30- 40 -etc... and then find yourself at a cross road when we have missed out on the best part in life! Living Gods plan instead of ours. I have walked these shoes and I am just blessed to be where I am today. A child of the most high God - why wouldn't I want to share this with everyone I know? As I look around and see so many folks crumbling under lifes pressures and demands ... I can't help but to feel compassion for them. I have Good News! God loves you! He is waiting on You - He wants to hear from you and have a relationship with you. Why does it always take us to the point in our lives that our backs are against the wall, we have fallen miserably in life or have had some tradgic event take place for us to come to God?
I have done that and I have been there. It took my mom for me to open my eyes and open my heart to understand. EVEN, though God had the plan in motion already - He was preparing me before my mom was even sick. So why should't I tell you about How God Has Changed my life - Changed my family? Why do people not listen and want to know more? Look at the great folks He has surrounded my family and I with!
Your plans - are your plans. God has better plans for you - no matter how old you are, how young you are - what you have done, had done to you or where you have been. There is NOTHING that You and God cannot walk through together. God has something for you to do - He will give you purpose and meaning to your everyday life - your everyday job and everything you do.
Life began for me at 38 years old - July 10, 2005. The day I made my confession to Jesus and in front of our church. A day our church family still talks about~ A day that I still talk about because its the day - eveything CHANGED.
Yesterday we had a baptism at church. Our last service at the school we had been holding services at the past 7 years. My son Kyle was baptized there, we have cried and laughed together. We have become closer together - grown together and shared so much together. Its unreal looking back over the last few years! God has us on the move and preparing us for what is ahead. Everyone is excited and looking forward. Not forgetting where we have been but thankful and blessed to be looking forward.
Does this sound like your life? Do you look forward or are you always looking in your rear mirror at what could have been and focused on missed opportunitities?
Jesus can change all that.... I think about all the new baby Christians yesterday that were baptised. 15 God's kingdom is made up of people like these.

Randy~

1 comment:

Sharon Davis said...

AMEN!! My life started on August 23, 1992, almost 15 years ago. There has never been a day since that day that I have wanted to go back. There is nothing to go back to. It's all forward now. Too close to turn back now as an old song goes. It won't be long now, either by the grave or in the sky, it's closer than it has ever been, the signs are all around us, loved ones already there, Oh What a Saviour! It's all about God, and others, not ourselves! Life is what we make of it. It is where we keep our eyes, if we keep our eyes on Jesus we will be blessed, if we keep our eyes on the world, we will be tempted and possibly fall, only through the blood of the cross will we ever have the peace that we search for. And eternal life with Jesus and all our loved ones and friends that have gone on before us, waiting to reunite with us again. What a day that will be. I'm Ready to go, How about You All!!!

love you Randy, you've made your momma (& me) proud.
Aunt Sharon