Friday, August 3, 2007

Friday........and dragging



Boy - talk about dragging today. After such a great week with VBS and being with my kids and at church all week - Kenny Chesney last night with Carol, Kyle, Patty and myself in attendance - I am really dragging today. Have you ever been so tired that you can't even sleep?

That was me last night and its been awhile since I pulled an all nighter - even though I got a few hours of sleep - I am old!!!! Recovery is slower.... :)


Anyways - the concert was great and I am sure Pastor Jimmy will say something come this Sunday at church. He too loves Kenny's music - it is just so real and down to earth. Like Kenny said last night - tonight let all your problems and worries be set aside, tonight is a night for fun and music; for us to get get along and just have a great time.

He sure was right! Even with a sold out show - thousands of fans - all having fun, some drinking too much and making fools of themselves - 3 folks yelling at me thinking I was Kenny - then Kenny's brother - and then asking for back stage passes since I had my "Volunteer" shirt on LOL - it was for oru church's Easter Egg Hunt! I got a hug anyways and the two Kenny freaks told me "That is so nice!" Its all in good fun I guess..... I couldnt help but to compare things to about a month ago seeing MercyMe in concert with our small group! What a difference in the crowd..... I think we need to see more Christian bands in concert together. Just my feeling on things.


Here are a few pictures...... tomorrow - we are in Mt.Airy for my brothers daughters wedding. Hard to believe little Jennifer is getting married. Keep this couple in your prayers - they are good kids and I am proud of them.

Sunday is right around the corner - can't wait for church!

Love you all,

Randy~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had a GREAT time at the Kenny concert. You can tell from the way Kenny talks and also from his songs that he loves God. That is so cool. Our task this summer has been to find Jesus in everything we do. Just check out Kenny's latest song "Never Wanted Nothing More". This is an anthem for his life. At the end of song, he says he how he gave his life to Jesus...."Glory, Hallelujah..never wanted Nothing more..."

I'm so proud of my little man, Kyle. He shines on every occasion. Just to watch him at the Kenny concert having the time of his life and singing his heart out....I "never wanted nothing more"...!

Proud momma.....!