Monday, August 6, 2007

Looking backwards.....


It was great being at church yesterday and having Rock Group last night also! I am looking forward to this week... I am excited for our dear friends Donna and Dawn who will be taking their families to the cabin this week. I am excited because, God has blessed us with that wonderful hideout and it was built with the intention to "get away" - to share it with others to get away. To have a place where folks can unwind, be with nature, fish, walk and listen to the waterfalls - be close enough to enjoy going out to eat or go shopping but far enough away from everything else! - It is a place my mom never got to see and its a place when I am there - I feel her more than I do any place else. I am not sure why that is ... and I am thankful it is that way.


One day last week, I had the chance to sit and talk with a friend here at work for a few minutes. She had just got married a few weeks back and I asked her how things were and if married life so far is what she thought it would be. She said "no" - she said she thought it would different in such a way that it would be easier. See they are still learning, still feeling their way around their relationship and how to best communicate. Communication is so important in any relationship and without it, we tend to be on different pages and going in too many"different" directions. That is one thing that Carol and I have always put high on our list. Communication - we are on the same page with things, raising Kyle, our marriage and what we are doing in life. It hasnt always been that way and we have drifted at times but I think the past 3 or so years - we have been in complete tune. I can say that Jesus gets the credit for that.... because since He has come into our hearts, into our home and more importantly - into our marriage.... we have such a driving and determined attitude about everything. Carol is very passionate about her friends, her church and small group - her school and her kids. She is organized and is easy to talk with on any subject - she is always looking out for the needs of others before herself. She has the serving attitude and it shows in everything she does. Looking back - I just wonder where we would be today if we had asked Jesus to be in this partnership with us way back when. I know in all my heart that the past 3 years have been just amazing - so many new doors being opened - the love we have for our "Kids" - our church, the families that have become our family - serving in a variety of different places - us leading a ministry at church.... come on now, God had this all planned out and I just have to stop from time to time and say - "This is crazy!!! come on now.....this can't be real..." But it is.....


Carol and I will be married 19 years next year. Hope thats right! LOL - Yes I said it...19 - The past 3 - with Jesus being a partner in everything aspect of our lives has been such a wonderful experience. I look forward to the next 19+ with great expectations ..... with My soul mate...... forever.

I love you Carol - You and Kyle mean the world to me. Thank you for putting up with me and accepting me - Partnering with me to do this life together. You are a wonderful wife, a great mom and great friend to everyone around you. A great example for others in serving at church and at school - the PTA - our life "kids" - you got it going on girl!!! May the Lord continue to shine through you with all His brilliant light. I am so proud of you and honored to be yours. Looking forward ...

Forever yours,

Lonnie~
PS: I am not saying where I got the picture from... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice Picture?!?! Where in the world did you pull that one from? If I still had skin like that, I would not be spending all sorts of $$$ on anti-wrinkle and anti-aging creams...!! Love You, Too...!