Friday, August 3, 2007

I want to take a moment to let everyone know that my Aunt Sharon lost her cat this week. He was not acting right just a few short weeks ago and she took him to the vet where they found out he had blood cancer and there was nothing for them to do. Please keep her in your prayers, losing an animal can be really painful on us.

Looking at this past week while I am sitting here in the office with my brain half functioning - half a sleep and trying to keep my head from hitting the keyboard LOL - I am so encouraged and thankful for the people in my life. All this week, Carol - Kyle and I have been surrounded by folks from church, our small group, Donna and her family, Kyles friends from school last year and getting to spend time with them.... it has been such a great week. We are investing in lasting relationships and with folks who are just awesome! Sure we are tired but honestly - I can't wait to see everyone again! I look forward to church - to our small group this Sunday - family tomorrow and seeing some folks I have not seen in a few months - Kyles friends coming to swim next Tuesday afternoon and spending a few hours with my kids and their families. These are not burdens in anyway shape or form! I look forward to serving Sunday and attending both services.... seeing and supporting those around us who may come that we have invited and have decided to come to church. To encourage those who have only been coming for a little while as they stand at the doorstep of their faith - our church and experiencing God. Then I can let them go.... pray for them in different ways because they have come to know Jesus and its their relationship with Him now.
Take a second with me - think about who right now is in your life. Are you surrounded by uplifting and encouraging folks - people that are praying for you and doing life together? Are you being dragged down in every direction and the more you give - the more they want.... are you not surrounded by anyone or are your days are filled with loneliness and isolation? Think about your circle of folks who are around you today..... you can do something about it. Start investing today..... start by looking up!
Randy~

No comments: