Monday, September 3, 2007

A Sunday to remember....

Ok - I know- here it is 2:45 in the AM - on a morning where I can actually sleep in for a change and my mind is running full steam ahead. Funny thing is, I don't have much to worry about. I mean - why worry? Worry causes us to stand still and be idle in some decision that is ahead of us or some circumstance that we have not control over anyways. So why worry - I turn those worries into prayers and this early AM - my prayers are for the names of the folks that my wife Carol and I wrote on the poster board this morning at church.
This was something totally new and since coming to R2C2 for the past 2 or so years now - its a first. Everyone today was invited to come down front and write the name(s) of folks in our lives who need Jesus. It was such a moving experience. Anyone who knows Carol and I - know the names of a few of the folks written down this morning. We appreciate those prayers for those folks and those families. These folks will be prayed over not only by Carol and I but also our church pastors and church staff for the month of September.

There was also a second part to todays service - a message that includes us being missionaries. Missionaries in our community for Jesus. It is for Him that we come together and even Jesus himself told us that if 2 people should meet together in His name - it would be church and He would show up with them. I totally get it and understand it when Pastor Jimmy spoke of coming to church to serve others. I am there to be fed Gods word but I am there more so to help feed others. I am there to do my part for Gods kingdom in removing the excuses for the person looking for the escape route. Maybe it's someone who came to church that morning because he was asked to come by his wife or husband. Maybe its a daughter or a son connecting with friends and has now found Jesus leading their life. Whatever the situation or the person - this is why I am serving and that my family is serving - its all for others. Life change happened today for some folks. Their next Sunday will not look like the old Sundays of their past. Even folks who have been going to church for many years - got the connection today in serving others - before serving themselves. I am proud of them!
Maybe this is why I am sitting here wide awake - learning yet another thing about our Heavenly Father at 3AM!! I am fired up..... I am excited about last night our rock group got together and shared some smiles. I think about the direction of this group of folks - our direction as a rock group family and I am so pumped and excited about it.
Honestly, I have always had trouble with being like everyone else. I have always hated meetings just to have meetings - just ask the guys at work. I have never been a big fan of just going through the motions - unless you are doing those motions with passion and in a way that is like never seen before! Ask the folks who know me how I do lunch with my son Kyle at school and with my kids. There are rules there for a purpose - a bigger purpose other than for me having lunch - but I can see myself breaking those rules soon... a little bending and a little shape change taking place. I think one of the things about our church that I dig so much is - bending the rules. We dont do things like other churches and yes I like the music loud..... I like LifeTalk messages that I can use today and that means something into my life. I dont want a safe zone where I know the routine and I know what is coming next. We have boring jobs for that right??? but not for church. Life Change happens at church and there should be nothing ho-hum play it safe and by the rules church taking place.
I think many folks today "Got It" today. I got it again and thats why 3AM is just a time in the day. We have lost folks in our families and in our lives. They are the reason my mind is running....... they matter that much to me - they matter that much to my family - they matter that much to Jesus.
Today was a Sunday to remember... because it hit home.

Do know - I am praying for you and your families.
lrbateman@gmail.com

I love you all,
Randy~

No comments: