Friday, October 19, 2007

What are the chances?

Have you ever been out somewhere or going some place and run into someone you know? It has been a long time since you have seen them and for a long time you have wondered "What ever happened to _____?"

Well, honestly speaking, I don't believe in chance. I think everything that happens has a purpose in Gods plan. Today was just that devine appointment. I am glad I got to share this day with one of my good buddies. Mike and I went to see his daughter Megan for lunch. I was excited way before this day - as it has been building up for weeks when I was going to have lunch with Miss Megan. She even drew me a picture asking me when I was coming to her school and have lunch. TODAY??? She kept saying..... never did I think the blessing was going to be like this.
Let me explain....

As Mike and I walked into the school - we got signed in and I can tell my smile started to get big and I started to get that "Buzz" that I often describe on this blog.... I am just in my element with the kids and I love the shared moments with them. It is the highlight of my day and if you are ever in a down mood or a place that you need some chearing up - go visit a child for lunch and email me your experience. Its pretty darn awesome!!!

So I walk into lunchroom at school and I see Megans Brother Justin - I walk over and he and his class were cleaning up since lunch was almost over and from behind ~ I have a child hugging me. I try to look around and I see the top of a brown haired child just hugging me like there is no tomorrow and no letting go. I kind of squeeze down not knowing who this child was and I see a child that went to our church a long time ago. She is hugging me with her eyes closed - arms around me waist and just "In The MOMENT!" I just didn't know what to do - A GIANT smile came over my face and I say something stupid - "What are you doing here Haley?" - like the question should have been "What am I doing here?" - which is what she asked me. Lots of quick talk explaining I am here to have lunch with Megan - and my son does not go to school here... She asked me if I still taught Sunday school at church with Miss Carol .....and yes - told her about the pumpkins and how our church has moved and she grabs me by the hand and pulls me to the parent table. Mom is there.....

So lets back up a minute - since the day I met Haley - she took to me the first day in Sunday school. I looked forward to seeing them each Sunday at church. For an entire Summer I prayed for her and her mom. From the outside looking in - you could tell there was lots of hurt and lots a pain in this family but I prayed for them not knowing anything, asking God to provide and to make things right. They have been missing since the end of spring I bet - have not seen them. I often would pray for them and think about where they may be now. Did they move etc...... and today - I am enjoying a blessing that God has provided me and He blessed me beyond anything I could imagine with Haley and her mom. I have tears in my eyes now so excuse the misspellings. But - me and Haleys mom talked aobut our church location adn where we are meeting. I told them to come and see us Tuesday at the pumpkin patch .. I would help Haley carry the biggest pumpkin she can!!!! I pray for next Tuesday - that they come and we can talk more - to have a chance to make a little more deposit into an awesome family. Maybe this was Gods way also to remind this family they are loved, that people do care and for mom to see her daughter smiling the way she was is worth the effort to make it church.
After that encounter, I was in the hallway waiting for Megan to come down the hall for her lunch - we haven't even gotten to her lunch yet!!! Haley came over and asked me to come and visit her for lunch - 11:25...... and she would come to the Pumpkin Patch and to church in 2 weeks. She hugged me like 10 more times - smiling - my buddy Mike just taking in the blessing along side of me... I am not exactly sure what she was thinking. I don't even remember saying goodbye really~ it all happened so fast. Haley then went and got her teacher - she shook my hand and said she wanted for her teacher to meet me. I said "Really - me?? what for?" The teacher said, you are her Sunday school teacher! She is a good student..... and said - "It was a pleasure to meet you."
Haley waived and went to class.

Megan - then comes down the hall- smiling and just so excited. We had lunch together with her dad and shared in an awesome experience. I will go back and have lunch at that school soon - because I guess I have "My Kids" - now in another place..... another place for blessings to flow.

God is our awesome Father..... and like any good father who loves us, He wants to bless us. I feel blessed today .... dude, I feel so blessed.
Believe in chance? Not me.... no way.....

Randy~

No comments: