Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Pumpkin Smile.....


Let me share with everyone today that the pumpkin patch was fun last night even though it was HOT! Carol was there earlier in the day for ladies lunch and then came back that afternoon - so she was pumpkined out! I love her anyways!!!...
But let me tell you what God placed on my heart yesterday afternoon. I have come to realize and then act on these nudges when He nudges me. I have always just kind of brushed them off in the past but I have learned over the last few years, that no matter how crazy sounding - there is a blessing waiting to happen even if I don't see any way that there could be one.

So last night, I told Kyle and Carol that the Lord told me to buy 10 smaller pumpkins and go out to the traffic light and give those pumpkins away. So that is what I did - even amongst the comments of being crazy - that is stupid - why on earth would you give them away...etc. Feeling kind of funny about it as well --- Kyle and I marched to the road near the traffic light. A few folks drove by speeding to make the light - probably on their way home from work or going to daycare to get their children. BUt then the light turned and Kyle and I went to serving. WOW - at the smiles - the faces - questions of "Why are you giving away pumpkins?" - Compliments of Rocky River Church and here is a coupon for a free cup of coffee and directions and times of where our church meets. WOW - big smiles - Comments - "That is so nice". "What a blessing!" "When are you going to build?" - Kyle and I shared some moments out there on that corner. We GAVE away all in good faith that maybe - just maybe one of those families will come and visit our church and experience God in their life. If it means saving one person - or one family ... then it was all worth it. I just may do it again!!!!!

Its also a great learning tool to explain to my son Kyle - that God does speak to us. He does nudge us sometimes to do some things that seem nuts or doesn't make sense at all until He unfolds the plan and we experience the blessings.

Also last night we took it a step further - Under the cover of darkness.... Kyle with shoes off - we went into "Operation- Pumpkin Drop". We dropped off 2 big size pumpkins to two families who we just love and have become close with over the last year - I pray for them daily and it was so cool dropping off those pumpkins knowing that the children and those families will share in a big laugh and smiles knowing they had the pumpkin fairy drop by their home........

See friends - there is nothing like passing on a blessing to others knowing that your heart is in the right place and all you want to do is love on the folks around you. God gives us this heart and when we are walking with God - everything takes on a new meaning and things are not the same as they were before. God can change your heart - He can change your life.......

There is nothing more rewarding..... take that leap of faith loved ones if Jesus in not part of your life.
Check that front porch...... "Operation Pumkin Drop" might be passing along smiles and blessings to your home too :)

Randy~

No comments: