Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Morning time......

During my morning quiet time - which seems to be shorter these days with school in session and that the dogs seem to like anything we eat these days :) - I am reading in the book of Matthew.
Let me share Matthew 13 with you this morning. I used to just struggle reading the bible and forcing myself to move through the words - but then "Click" the words now sometimes take on new meaning and understanding. So hang with me....

Matthew 13:
Why Tell Stories?
10The disciples came up and asked, "Why do you tell stories?"
11-15He replied, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That's why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight. In their present state they can stare till doomsday and not see it, listen till they're blue in the face and not get it.


We all have folks in our lives that no matter how much we talk about Jesus, heaven and all the things He has done for us - they still are unmoved. No matter how much we try and share with folks how much God has changed our lives -they are still unmoved. Over and over my family and I, like so many others, try to be a good examples of showing folks the practical love of Jesus - His love for them through us. Its the parable of a light of the city on top of the hill. Keep the lights shining so all can see it. Though frustrating at times, heartbreaking at times and wondering why our churches are not PACKED with folks needing to experience life change - we continue to march on.... praying for that next opportunity to share Jesus and bless those around us. Full knowing and experiencing - God is blessing us as we pass along those blessings.

Lets read just a little further~

The Meaning of the Harvest Story
18-19"Study this story of the farmer planting seed. When anyone hears news of the kingdom and doesn't take it in, it just remains on the surface, and so the Evil One comes along and plucks it right out of that person's heart. This is the seed the farmer scatters on the road.
20-21"The seed cast in the gravel—this is the person who hears and instantly responds with enthusiasm. But there is no soil of character, and so when the emotions wear off and some difficulty arrives, there is nothing to show for it.
22"The seed cast in the weeds is the person who hears the kingdom news, but weeds of worry and illusions about getting more and wanting everything under the sun strangle what was heard, and nothing comes of it.
23"The seed cast on good earth is the person who hears and takes in the News, and then produces a harvest beyond his wildest dreams."


Which person are you? Are you the seed that dries up, makes root, or produces a harvest? I think about my son Kyle this morning. I think about the seed that is planted in his heart and I am thankful that God is growing that seed. He is experiencing things at his young age that some kids will never experience - even as adults. We all want more for our children than we ever had. But is more really what they need? More stuff - more things to play with - more of what in their life would really make a difference? I was on that path as a parent and I remember many times my parents passing along those values as my brother and I were growing up. There is nothing wrong with those values and I am thankful that I realize those values today because I too want more for my son than I ever had. I think right now - He has more than I ever had and ever will have. He is young and I know God has so much planned for him and he is Gods child more importantly than he is my child. My Rock Group families~ Your children are on that path - a path that is narrow and not many find that path to God..... we are doing our part to make sure they have more than we ever had. Heavenly blessings and knowing that God is with them all the days of their lives.

Let that seed that God is trying to plant in you grow loved ones - let is take root - water it by reading Gods word and by finding a church and jumping in - we are never going to be ready enough and got things figured out enough ... God will make those changes if you would just start where you are today - right now........ just like on Survivor - the light and fire is your ticket in the game.....once out - its over.

Shine on,,,
Randy~

No comments: