Friday, October 12, 2007

Highway to ......

I CONFESS THAT JESUS, IS MY LORD AND SAVIOR!

If this Sunday, our Pastor at church calls on us to speak our heart - this is what I would say. Why on earth would I hide this from folks - it is who I am now. I do not want to put Jesus first in my life and then arrange the other things in my life behind Him... I want to have Jesus in the center and involved in every aspect of my life. I want to put Him IN the middle and centered around all I am and all I do.

There was some conversation not long ago with a close loved one - When asked if they knew they were going to heaven when their time came? They answered - they didn't know, who really cares, I guess I will find out when I get there ... excuse after excuse - not sure answer after not sure answer. When asking my father-n-law - his answer is - he doesn't care because he will be dead. Friends the bible is very clear that there is a Hell. It is a real place. We all have death in common and we will all one day answer to God for our lives. See many of us believe and ask - How if a loving God who we say loves everyone, how can he send us to Hell? How can he be good and do that to us?
Let me share with you that God does not have to make that decision - YOU DO! You are making that decision all on your own. We have Gods word in the Bible - left to us and written as instructions on how we should live our lives. God sent His son for all of us - to die as a man for our sins. FOR YOUR SINS~ who cares if you tell me that you were not alive then. The book and the facts are still written and your sins were paid for in full regardless if you were there or not.

Friends, you have to know that Hell is real and you have to know in all your heart that Heaven is your next stop. Eternity could be at any moment - we all don't know how, when or where our time WILL come - but it will regardless if you are ready or not. Its like having a will. Many of us don't because we think we will have time to complete that - we don't want to think about death and who will get our possessions and take care of our children. We think we have time to make all the arrangements and get papers signed. Lawyers and the Gov't love this thinking because they get to decide what happens and as you know - they are not going to lose out on anything and they WILL get their share. You have to know where you will spend eternity... and if you are a follower of Jesus - those loved ones in your life today... they should be burning a hole in your heart knowing that if their eternity came today - Hell would be their next stop.

I have people all around me who are choosing their eternity today. God does not have to make that decision - THEY ARE DOING IT ALL ON THEIR OWN. But why? What stops them from accepting Jesus and all that He has done for us, all that He has shown us and taught us?

I am so thankful and blessed that Jesus Christ is in my life today, in my marriage today, in my sons life today - in my Rock Group and church - in my friends lives. There is so much that needs to be done. I take all this serious and very personal. I remember my mom calling me one Saturday afternoon - asking to speak to my Pastor at church. She needed to make sure that she knew her next stop was HEAVEN.
She Confessed that day that Jesus was her Lord and Savior. Today mom is in heaven waiting on us. She wants us there - more so - than she wanted to be with us here. Don't put off the decision - don't ignore that God is nudging you - It is YOUR decision and YOUR eternity rests on that important decision.

Just this week - 2 families close to us had a child in their families, confess that Jesus was their Lord and Savior. I am so proud of them both!!! It was shared with us that there was not a dry eye anywhere to be seen that evening. It is that important! It is that life changing!
Proud of you Adam and Madison! We love you both!

Acts 2:
29-36"Dear friends, let me be completely frank with you. Our ancestor David is dead and buried—his tomb is in plain sight today. But being also a prophet and knowing that God had solemnly sworn that a descendant of his would rule his kingdom, seeing far ahead, he talked of the resurrection of the Messiah—'no trip to Hades, no stench of death.' This Jesus, God raised up. And every one of us here is a witness to it. Then, raised to the heights at the right hand of God and receiving the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father, he poured out the Spirit he had just received. 38-39Peter said, "Change your life. Turn to God and be baptized, each of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, so your sins are forgiven. Receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

I blogged earlier in the week loved ones concerning "Changing Lanes" - The time has come to decide to either stay on this road you are on or change lanes and choose the path that leads to heaven, to promises and salvation. Either Jesus was the biggest liar ever or He is exactly who He says he was. Our Lord and Savior!!!!

Fill in the blank from the title~ Highway to ________.

email me: lrbatema@gmail.com

Love you all,
Randy~

No comments: