Sunday, October 28, 2007

Today ~ It finally happened....

For about a year and half now - I have wanted to go and visit NewSpring church in Anderson SC. Its about an hour and 20 minutes from here in Mill Spring NC - but a little far to go to from Harrisburg NC. I would go though if someone wanted to take the drive down and make it an all day adventure. SO here are my thoughts on today.....
We left at 9:00 and started down the road. It was a long ride down probably because of the excitement - the ride home was fast. Anyways - NewSpring is in the middle of no place. I mean Anderson College is there - Clemson is there and I dont know how far away those places are but I mean it when I say - its in the middle of no where! Where do all these folks come from? There is a church almost at every corner - I wonder what they think of NewSpring?

Ok so here we go to pull in and there is a SC State Trooper directing traffic. We were early so the 9:15 service is getting out and the cars keep coming..... and coming ....and COMING. WOW - this is going to be awesome. It has been a long time since I have been nervous and walking into a church and it was a good and refreshing experience! As we walked in - we were greated by atleast 5 folks saying good morning - folks holding the door open for us - saying good morning and Welcome to New Spring.
We enter the odd shaped office style building and enter into a GIANT room. 2 stories - a coffee shop thing on the right and people everywhere. We go and find out place to check Kyle in as he has instructions to be our R2C2 mole. His goal - to tell us everything that happens in K-4-5 ministry. All computer checkin - we get our tags - and we find the place to drop Kyle off. He is in and there is a cool room for him to hang out in - 2 video screens - music playing..... lots of smiling faces. We talk to the lady that personally took us there and has showed us around some. She tells me that StarBucks wouldnt build in Anderson - so they brought Star Bucks in. Place was jazzed up, music playing, people talking and hugging, video monitors everywhere - places to buy cd's, shirts and bibles...and who knows what else. But the time came to go in....so we enter the theatre like doors -
AND WOW!
A arena like place - giant stage with the band setup on these giant blocks promoting their current series - The Perfect Kid - the Band played on the blocks and the music was awesome and loud. 2 large projector video feeds played live video so everyone can see - the seats are cushioned which was cool and there are like 2000 other folks there. Perry Noble preached a great message - he was funny - spoke truth - and had some special moments in prayer. Touching stuff that I will try and incorporate into our Rock Group study over the next few weeks.
I don't think that anything was really blowing me away except the fact how large the place was and how many folks kept coming in. I mean R2C2 has it going on - I really think our band is better!!! I think we have all the areas covered except for volunteers and the amount of folks. With more - we have more to give. More folks coming through the doors - more resourses we have to reach the community - so keeping scale in mind - R2C2 has it going on! Pastor JImmy preaches LifeTalk messages that really relate to life and really talk directly to us.

Today was a great day - a long awaited day and I hope to go back sometime soon. Now more than ever I am pumped with what God is doing in Cabarrus county - if NewSpring can reach 8000 folks in a weekend in 4 services in a town that hold like 80,000 people - I know we can do so much more..... bring it on Charlotte - Concord - Harrisburg......totally pumped.
If you would like more info - http://www.newspring.cc/

Can't wait for next Sunday .... miss our church family at Rocky River Community Church - also missing Rock Group tonight..... can't wait to see everyone soon.

With love,
Randy~

Here is our church web site - http://www.rockyriverchurch.com in case you are in the area! Call me or email me - be glad to show ya'll around.

No comments: