Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Everyday Faith........


This past Sunday our Pastor at church gave his LifeTalk on money. Jesus spoke more about money than any other subject. He had a lot to say about money and our possessions. I have heard our Pastor speak on money a few times over the years - as a matter of fact - he made is clear that it had been since spring that he last talked to us about it.

Many of you know, I have been troubled the last few weeks concerning leading our Setup/Breakdown crews at church. It is a lot of work but it is work that needs to be done if we are to have anything close to church services. We are a production team and with that comes responsibility and a driving passion for saving people and making a place for them to come and experience God in their lives. I am all in with this mission God has me on. When serving like an animal week after week plus all the other things going on in life - I became a little out of focus and a little weary. My heart was starting to sink in what I was doing and for the folks I was serving. Watching the folks leave after the 11:00 service knowing all the work that had to be done before I too got to go home. I am a team player and pitching in to get the job done is just how God created me..... I am in.

I think about the church plans our church is wanting to build and I along with so many others can't wait to get started - a building to call our own and the resources now we are investing into a mobile church can then be shared into other ministries. Some that really would have an affect on our community and reaching people for Jesus. I think about the statistics that show that less than 5% or lower give 10% of their income to their church. Like many new folks coming to church and others who are unchurched think its all about the money. A few folks close to my family just recently shared with us that our church doesn't need the money because our Pastor lives in a big house and has a fancy new car. He doesn't need "My" money.
Funny thing is - our Pastor doesn't have those things. He and his family are struggling like the rest of us but they give more than 10% to Gods kingdom. What if our church - Your church - if almost 50% of the folks attending gave Gods share of 10%? What could the local church do for others with that kind of giving. God GAVE us His son - He gave us everything - He gave us the things we have today - we should GIVE back what is rightfully His in the first place. He tells us to test Him with that!!! He wants to bless us and by GIVING - we GET back and then some.

Last year at Kyle's school - they had a ice cream day every so many days. Some kids didn't have the money - some forgot or whatever the reason - I did not want one of my kids to go without ice cream when everyone else was having ice cream. It did not matter that their parents could afford it or not - I didn't want any one of "My Kids" doing without. Sharing in those times when I was there for Ice cream day and seeing the smiles on their faces and ENJOYING the ice cream - There is nothing better than walking along side someone and GIVING a blessing. The rewards and blessings in return are SO much more!

Not only do my wife and I do our best in giving our share to God - we also spend out time and talents at church - we give to special needs with outreach programs and other things at church. We spend our time investing in others with our Rock Group family - but I know we can do more.

I think about those numbers at our church - increasing Volunteer Ministry - increasing giving to our church so that we can pay a person to run our Rock Group program and lead the Volunteers Ministry - outreach to the pregnancy center or local food bank- whatever the reach may be!!! Yes folks serve to feed the hungry at Christmas and Thanksgiving but you know what...those same folks are hungry the other 363 days!!!!!! We are supposed to be examples of Gods children - but we actually give the same as the folks who don't know Jesus..... we need to be a better example for Jesus. Let us break the banks and break the mold of everyday church - lets get our FAITH OUT OF CHURCH ON SUNDAYS and INTO PEOPLES EVERYDAY LIVES.

Proverbs 3
Don't Assume You Know It All

1-2 Good friend, don't forget all I've taught you; take to heart my commands.They'll help you live a long, long time, a long life lived full and well. 3-4 Don't lose your grip on Love and Loyalty. Tie them around your neck; carve their initials on your heart.Earn a reputation for living well in God's eyes and the eyes of the people. 5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best.Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over.But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction.It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.

I love you all - I am a little fired up today and tomorrow - I will let you know what the Lord has placed on my heart this afternoon concerning the pumpkin patch..... details tomorrow.

Randy~

No comments: