Monday, October 1, 2007

Prayers.....

I want to take a few minutes and thank the folks who read this blog. My life before Jesus was pretty normal I guess and I was basically going through life but never feeling like I was living it. The last few years God has really been working me over and teaching me so many things. After our church moved to its new location - leading 2 ministries at church - unloading what seemed to be a million pumpkins Saturday and not having enough help to setup/breakdown everything for our Sunday services - I am on empty.
I emailed my Pastor and asked him and his staff to pray for our church volunteers - to pray for new volunteers and for team work. We are not meant to live life alone. We are not meant to be following Jesus alone either.
I think back a few years and the direction where my life was going and the people who I would not know today if I had not accepted Jesus and then allow Him to lead my life. He has surrounded my family and I with such awesome folks. People who I love and want to do this life with.
Today I find myself tired. I feel the weight of my church and all the folks who need Jesus. I feel the weight of letting folks down who need Jesus - all in part of making a place on Sundays for them to come and experience Jesus in their life. I pray for the folks who walk out of there on Sundays after the 11:00 service and go back to their weekday lives who use church as a check box on their list of things to do. I pray for life change - and for real changes in their hearts.
I find it hard to watch so many folks, teenagers too, who come and go to our church and walk out afterwards. How can I connect them? What can I do to explain to them the power and awesomeness in serving? I can't do this alone and today - I am feeling alone - not totally alone because people are with me in this vision - Carol and Kyle are total in too and I know they feel the pressure as well - Carol runs the children's ministry and finding folks is sometimes just a hard battle.
Please pray for me this week - sometimes I feel like quitting~ like right now. Stepping down and going back to serving once or twice a month - maybe even serving just in the k-5 area and just doing my thing with "My Kids". I know I am here for a reason and God has placed in me a leadership quality I didn't know I had. I never thought I would be doing this and be where I am today none of this!
Sometimes digging deep is tough and I am not like the Panthers or the Mets and just fold like a cheap tent. I am in the long run but even the encourager needs some encouragement from time to time. I know quitting is not in me- my mom/dad raised me to fight and press through the tough times.
Pray for Carol Kyle and I this week - for our church leaders and for our Pastors and also for all our volunteers...... and the new folks God is going to bring us.

Thank you also for being faithful with ... The Walk...... pray for someone this week who needs to know the practical love of Jesus in their life.
Gods Best,
Randy~

No comments: