Thursday, October 18, 2007

Faith Meter.....

I continued with my daily reading in the book of Matthew and yet again the words come to life. Matthew chapter 14 has such a wonderful story about Faith that just rocks my world.
Let me share this with you here.... and I am sure some of you will relate to YOUR level of faith.

Matthew 14:
Jesus Walks on the Water
22Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, 24but the boat was already a considerable distance[a] from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.
27But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."
28"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."
29"Come," he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"
31Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?"
32And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."


I think we all at times have very little faith. Dismal faith at times with things we cannot see but we know are real. Over the last few years, I see so many things differently than I used to. I see God working in all kinds of things that I otherwise would have just pushed aside. I see folks struggling around me but can see the faith they have knowing that this too shall pass. I do believe with my heart that there is something to learn from each and every situation, struggle and blessing. People come into our lives for a reason. Sometimes those friendships do not last and people move on - but they have a lasting impact on our lives.
Faith is knowing "We Can't" but "Jesus Can". Faith is a trust relationship that we know our control over something is places into someone elses hands. (Gods Hands)

I love the fact that Peter saw the Lord walking on the water, after being calmed down that he was not a ghost and being terrified, Peter wanted to go to the Lord. Jesus told him to come on man --- come to me - who cares about the water there..... Peter climbed out and walked on the water towards Jesus. After realizing he was indeed on top of the water, even during the storm with rough water and waves, he became afraid and started to sink. He cried out to Jesus to save him from drowning. Jesus grabbed him by the hand and saved him.
I know many folks around me who have had this experience in life. Jesus comes to save them - grabbing them by the hand to rescue them from something that was to take place in their lives. Just keep your eyes focused on Jesus and He will calm the waters around us. What a great visual and a great lesson for life!
I know many of us ask why don't I see God blessing me? Or why does God bless this person and not me? Or as much as this other person.... It may have to do with the amount of faith you have. When your faith meter is up and tuned in - even the smallest of things you recognize that only God can be behind it or in that situation or in that blessing that someone is experiencing. Tune into Gods word loved ones - raise the meter on your faith and begin to see what God has in store for you. God is not going to impose himself on you or just show up and give you more proof than He has already given us. Maybe that is why they say - to take a leap of faith.

You are all in with no turning back. I have always wanted to go white water rafting - I would love the rush and the excitement on the river before turning the corner and going to far to turn back before being swept downstream to experience the currents, the waves, the turns and the cold water rush. Faith is just like that..... once you make the big decion ... hang on because its about to get interesting.
Who better to to take the ride with than, Jesus?

Randy~

No comments: