Sunday, July 29, 2007

WOW - What a day......

After dragging most of the day yesterday - I had to be in the game today with church setup, the big announcement and Volunteer sign ups- 2 services - then breakdown -airport run to get Carol and Kyle - and then tonight with VBS.

Carol and Kyle both had a safe flight - had a great time and glad to be home. We all walked in the door and had about an hours before gathering the troops up and heading back to church. Tonight was lots of fun.... even if it is hard work and much of it is putting things together as we go. Tomorrow another run to the airport - Kyle has camp tomorrow with the Cabarrus County Parks association so that will be lots of fun and then we gather up even more troops tomorrow and take 2 vehicles back to church for VBS. Oh, did I mention we have to setup and break down all that stuff each and every night? whew....... but I tell ya something - seeing those kids having fun and learning something - making friends and then their mom and dads coming to get them and they dont want to leave is priceless.

Pastor Jimmy made the announcement at church today that we are moving our church to a new location right near our land. This means we will be serving the very folks who will be in walking distance to the land and our ministry campus. This is big stuff and tomorrow we get to meet at the school - to give it a walk through and DREAM - what it can be... what it will look like and how this is all going to work. We needed folks to serve - we have had this need for months!!!! Today we signed up 31 new folks/families - to help with this dream and mission that God has us on. This is very exciting and Carol and I will be working through those names this week to get people connected and plugged in.
Ready to ride the wave???? It's going to get even more exciting....... Never did I ever in my wildest dreams - think that I would be where I am today - that my family is where they are today and have the most awesome friends and church family that anyone could ever ask for.
I hope I can sleep tonight...... busy day tomorrow! :)

Cya tomorrow......
Randy~

No comments: